Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to install BFG KDW2 tires on C6 Z06 replica wheels for my 98 C5.

I really don't want to put new sensors on so what can I expect.

I've read that it is simply a matter or reseting the DIC every time I start the car. If thats the case....no problem but i've also heard other things such as traction control, reduced power.

Can someone with experience or knowledge tell me the truth.:bang

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,433 Posts
Depending on the year, the tire pressure sensor (TPS) system can be turned on or off with a Tech II. Your GM dealer will have one of these along with other mechanics that buy one. 97-00 Vettes can not be done since there is no provision in the PCM. If you have a '01 or later it can be done. Since you have a '98 you are SOL but why not mount the sensors on the new wheels assuming they would fit?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I have to reset this message everytime i start the car,"service tire monitor system"...like Torch said,it can be shut of via LS1edit etc..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Vette1171 said:
I just found out that the Z06's don't come with sensors....
I thought mine had them, dont know for sure. Right now keyless entry not working so I am getting service tire monitor system message every time I start the car, dealer says the two are related.

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
blkvette said:
I thought mine had them, dont know for sure. Right now keyless entry not working so I am getting service tire monitor system message every time I start the car, dealer says the two are related.
I thought so too but I just found out that the Z06's didn't come with them. I was inquiring to MTI because I'm getting new wheels for my Z and I was concerned I was going to have to buy a set of sensors. The general manager informed me that the reason why Z06's came with tire pumps and tire sealant is because of the lack of sensors. I'm happy beacuse I don't have to buy a second set for my new wheels. If you find out you'rs do have the sensors let me know.....maybe they took the sensors off for '03 and up?

·
Registered
288 Posts
From what I understand, stock Zs have no sensors. However, to keep a single BCM part for all same year C5s, the system can be turned on or off in 01-04 cars. Someone may have added sensors to the Z mentioned above. See this link for how to do it useing the Tech II service computer.

http://www.stopforce.com/RPO.html

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
fdxpilot said:
From what I understand, stock Zs have no sensors. However, to keep a single BCM part for all same year C5s, the system can be turned on or off in 01-04 cars. Someone may have added sensors to the Z mentioned above. See this link for how to do it useing the Tech II service computer.

http://www.stopforce.com/RPO.html
Interesting...Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts