Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just raced today. I installed factory size front (2006)ZO6 rims on the back of my 2005 C6 with Nitto 555R 305/18 drag radials. I DID NOT install the tire pressure sensors. I put 90 miles on the car and raced all day. the DIC displayed 32psi for the rear tires all day. No error messages, the car went into Comp. Mode, and I could completly turn offf active handling etc. Again....NO PROBLEMS. I will drive the car more tonight and let you know if anything happens. I will be putting my 345 street tires back on next week. The nittos were for racing. I also ran my best time 11.92:thumbsup: :D

Hey Dan...I know this will end up in the wheel and tire section but I thought more guys would see it in the performance section?? Can you put it in both places???

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Ran tests on this. Your display will eventually go to XX for pressure between 100 and 200 miles. At that point your car will not go into comp mode. As long as you re-establish the link with your sensors before it goes to XX you will be fine:thumbsup:

Remount your original rears before you drive too far and you will not have problems.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another 30 miles....still no problems......except the tires are wearing out quickly because I can't stop spinning them. they make a nasty screaching sound when you launch hard:thumbsup: ...sounds wicked

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ran on tests on this. Your display will eventually go to XX for pressure between 100 and 200 miles. At that point your car will not go into comp mode. As long as you re-establish the link with your sensors before it goes to XX you will be fine:thumbsup:

Remount your original rears before you drive too far and you will not have problems.
thanks....I will remount soon. Funny thing did happen. The left rear pressure just changed to 34 psi and there is still no sensor. I gues as long as I put the strip tires on before I race and replace with my rims/tires with the tps I should be fine?? as long as I don't put too many miles on....is that your experience??

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
except the tires are wearing out quickly because I can't stop spinning them. they make a nasty screaching sound when you launch hard:thumbsup: ...sounds wicked
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Your hooked now its worse than dope....

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
thanks....I will remount soon. Funny thing did happen. The left rear pressure just changed to 34 psi and there is still no sensor. I gues as long as I put the strip tires on before I race and replace with my rims/tires with the tps I should be fine?? as long as I don't put too many miles on....is that your experience??
That is my experience but please, let us know what happens with yours.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is my experience but please, let us know what happens with yours.:thumbsup:
Took your advice. I put my street tires back on last night at about 130 miles. I didn't have problems yet, but the psi reading for the left rear tire changed without the sensor being installed???? I didn't want to mess around. It sounds like you have tried it. Thanks for the heads-up:thumbsup: Cecil County dragway is about 40 miles from my house. I'll just swap tires before going to the track and limit the mileage I drive without the sensors and hopefully avoid any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts