Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
warmed up here for a few days and it seems the hop is gone.i can start to do some launching and speed shifting.this is gonna be a good summer and costly. i know a lot of us have [had] issue with wheel hop but it may be gone with the hot weather. i,m hopping i,m not hopping. hope/hop

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I have been told that I was going in to wheel hop and I did not feel it. You can see it if you have some thing to record your run. You will see your speed and RPM oscillate right after launch.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if nothin else ya can hear wheel hop to first timers who have never felt it and stay on the gas they break things.my 07 z used to hop whenever it broke loose,so bad that i wouldnt try a speed shift yet alone launch,now with warmer weather it seems okay. next issue is to explore a scarey issue with AH

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
ive had wheel hop in my camaro, feels like your on a mechanical bull, i had the windows down when i launched the vette and the sound was solid, not interupted, i also pulled off 0.64G doing so, best ever on a launch was 0.78

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
wheel hop update

got out to e-town sat. 2800 rpm launch,26 psi rears,mild burn out. this is a stock 07 z 11.945 @122.20. VERY mild wheel hop,bogged,awful r/t time [hey i,m old ] .temp 68 degrees. i feel even warmer weather i will have no hop,i should add that it really was mild. secondly i speed shifted every gear ,2 to 3 just like the 60,s with a hurst comp/plus and a super t /10. i didnt slip clutch out [and i wont] one driver does 11.55 in a 06 z stock. i can put drag radials and raise launch rpm and go below 11.50 but then i,ll need roll bar. moral of this story is :the car will go 11,s stock,it can be speed shifted,and hot weather will make wheel hop a non issue. if ya read between the lines here you may infer cai,s ,exhaust etc are not cost effective unless ya live in an area that every one drives a zo6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts