Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
7,797 Posts
could you describe the noise?

There is also a known issue with rear end noise in C6's but I was under the impression it was fixed for the '07 model year.

· Super Moderator
8,623 Posts

run over any old road trash like old beds lately?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
could you describe the noise?

There is also a known issue with rear end noise in C6's but I was under the impression it was fixed for the '07 model year.
its an unusual clunking from the rear end. In the corvette magazine i have there is one guy that has the same symptom with his but its a c5. They say the noise stops when they straighten up and drive away. The tech nerd says when it gets colder outside the viscosity of the oil and the ever so slightly shrinkage of the parts changes the clearance between components. They say the clunking is from the limited slip friction plates and the noise does not indicate a problem. don't know if i should get it checked out at the dealer?

· Banned
7,797 Posts
yup, thats one of the known issues with the c5/c6 diff. change the fluid and all should be well. i recommend either redline or royal purple fluids.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yup, thats one of the known issues with the c5/c6 diff. change the fluid and all should be well. i recommend either redline or royal purple fluids.
thanks, im thinking of getting all the oils changed in the car. do you recomend a certain brand? some guys say mobil 1 for motor oil others say royal purple for tranny and diff oil??? my best friend has a 2010 camaro ss and on his forum they don't like royal purple but i think it's the motor oil. not sure what to put in, one thing i know its gonna be all synthetic

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, im thinking of getting all the oils changed in the car. do you recomend a certain brand? some guys say mobil 1 for motor oil others say royal purple for tranny and diff oil??? my best friend has a 2010 camaro ss and on his forum they don't like royal purple but i think it's the motor oil. not sure what to put in, one thing i know its gonna be all synthetic
any idea on what oil weight to put in the diff?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.