Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wife got a new toy for herself yesterday....425hp 420tq stock....not too bad, I'd still kick her a$$ though...lol:thumbsup:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
I love those! Congrats:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine;s real stealthy for 450rwhp and 405rwtq, still has the stock exhaust, but has LG headers, which at WOT, sound great.The Charger really reminds me of my old 2000 Trans Am, no frills, just noise and power.The wife is really having to get used to it, as her previous ride was a 6cyl. Altima 3.5, which, I must say, was probally the fastest 6cyl I've ever driven.Killed an 05 Stang GT in it...needless to say he wasn't happy.The Charger is bone stock but the wife already has the itch I get when getting into a new car....mods mods mods. She'll have to go light, I think we'll probally try to find someone to tune it and maybe a cai and 160 stat and done.

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
i like it especially the color very nice:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Very nice car! :partyon: Btw, is it me.. or does that have a meaner looking front end than the 'vette?:huh: (I'd rather have the 'vette anyway..:D)

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice car! :partyon: Btw, is it me.. or does that have a meaner looking front end than the 'vette?:huh: (I'd rather have the 'vette anyway..:D)
I told the wife the Charger is pissed because it knows the Vette can take it....notice the evil smile my ride has...lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
VERY NICE!!!!!
Nice stable of cars. That is my favorite color on the Chargers. Mean-looking SRT-8!!!:thumbsup:
Good luck with the new ride.:thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Them darn Duke Boys are at it again...
When I think of Chargers I think of Daisy!

And then, I think about that darn HIMI... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Wow, like that car...a lot!!:partyon:

But with al those mods, will you'r vette still be able to beat it?? You should consider more mods on your vette!!:smack :devil: :devil:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Dodge doesn't have any mods.The 425/420 HP/TQ was factory, and oh yes, the vette will kill it ,badly, but....from a roll @ 80MPH, the charger stayed nearby until 135+....which is much better than the GT500 I ran when I was stock! The Charger ran 13.5 the first time down the track with a full tank of gas, inexperience in launching it and all our crap in it. So far, from what I've read, the best anyone has gotten bone stock was 13.2....I can do that easily in it.(1/4 tank of gas= 100lbs less + 20lbs less from tools and track stuff=about .2 off the ET).With more seat time,good track prep and conditions, I can probally get it to the high 12's.The vette will hopefully turn high-mid 11's with ideal track conditions.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
The Dodge doesn't have any mods.The 425/420 HP/TQ was factory, and oh yes, the vette will kill it ,badly, but....from a roll @ 80MPH, the charger stayed nearby until 135+....which is much better than the GT500 I ran when I was stock! The Charger ran 13.5 the first time down the track with a full tank of gas, inexperience in launching it and all our crap in it. So far, from what I've read, the best anyone has gotten bone stock was 13.2....I can do that easily in it.(1/4 tank of gas= 100lbs less + 20lbs less from tools and track stuff=about .2 off the ET).With more seat time,good track prep and conditions, I can probally get it to the high 12's.The vette will hopefully turn high-mid 11's with ideal track conditions.
Ok, ok, but i still think it's worth the effort to just do a little bit of mods on your Vette, just to be shure and all:smack :smack

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Hey Evil,

First off, I want to say good job on the hard work you and your wife put in to have two bad ass cars. I want to say good job on having great taste in cars. That SRT-8 is a monster. The intake manifold on that 6.1 says it all. Does your SRT-8 have slotted rotors? I've seen a couple over at my Dodge store that did.

Jr.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Evil,

First off, I want to say good job on the hard work you and your wife put in to have two bad ass cars. I want to say good job on having great taste in cars. That SRT-8 is a monster. The intake manifold on that 6.1 says it all. Does your SRT-8 have slotted rotors? I've seen a couple over at my Dodge store that did.

Jr.
Thanks much for the compliments! no drilled rotors, wonder if they're a dealer option...this thing has every thing else. I think I'd worry about cracking a drilled rotor slowing this behemoth down...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts