Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

After I got my car back from the rip off stealership, my car wont idle anymore. I gasket makered the entire MAP sensor into place and it was idling perfectly when I started up, before I dropped my car off. They said I needed to replace the MAP sensor and that will go away. Since I was fed up with them I took my car and did the sensor myself. I bought a brand new sensor with a new seal and it still wont idle. I finally got a 106 code H and C. Hadn't had one of those for almost 1500 before Chevy.

One more thing. What is the wire connection on the Passenger Side of the Throttle Body. It runs down the side of the fuel rail/injector assembly and then to the side of the TB. I believe the tech was careless and left that wiring harness to dangle. Turns out it dangled and then rested on my idler pulley. Got a nice cut through the loom, electrical tape, and green wire. I think it is only cut a little ways in, though. What does that do? What is it responsible for?

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think the harness you are mentioning might be for the TPS?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the harness you are mentioning might be for the TPS?
TPS = Throttle Position Sensor??? Could that cause an erratic idle? I think that may be the real problem.

That information on the MAP will be helpful.

Is there any process I need to go through for a new MAP sensor?

Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts