Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just more or less me getting some anger out about my car. Anybody elses car not like she used to. I know that there is wear and tear on a car that is 19 years old, I just feel that it being what it is that there is a certain standard about it that it should never fall below. The weatherstripping on my is pretty bad, leaks whenever it rains, interior is rough, and she nevers seems to stay clean. It is like a situation you can not win. Thats just me having my moment.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
You'll get it there, just tackle one project at a time. I started at one project per month. You wouldn't believe it's the same car now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am taking one thing at a time, but I don't have much money to work with right now. I am 20 years old and in college, so things take awhile to get and get done, so getting a new one is out of the picture, plus everyone around here has one. I like the car, it just so happens that it needs a little TLC. Just looking to see if anybody else is in a similar situation.

·
Registered
198 Posts
As with anything that’s getting older they just need some TLC.. DO it yourself buy a Hayes manual and figure out how to solve problems and learn about fixing your car yourself. If you run into something you can’t figure out ask the folks on this site for help as it is an extremely knowledgeable and helpful group. When you need parts shop around find the best deal and if you don’t know if something is quality post a thread and folks will tell you. I think half the pleasure that most folks that own Vettes get is from being proud of the work that they have done to make the car better. Our cars can be very frustrating at times all of them leak (the older ones) and all of them need a lot of TLC. As far as your interior not looking so good figure out a way to make it better on a budget you can always get some new floor mats and throw on some not so expensive seat covers. Stuff doesn’t need to have the Flags on it or be from Ecklers. I’m not saying to buy your engine or suspension parts from wal mart but a seat cover and some mats can be bought anywhere. Hope that helps

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I've replaced almost every part on my 84. I'd have bought a new one, but they didn't make new C4's in 2003 ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts