1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great issue. It's about time that they give the ALMS some play. Hopeully, it will increase the fan base.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great issue. It's about time that they give the ALMS some play. Hopeully, it will increase the fan base.:thumbsup:
Yea it's good to see. There was over 125,000 people in attendance at Petit this year. Largest crowd ever.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is just were the max HP is on the curve. I'm not really sure where the redline is. I would think it would definitely be less then 6000 rpm. If you watch any of the in car videos, you can tell it doesn't rev that high.

For a smaller pushrod V8 thats probably about as good as you can get but idk, im no expert on engine building and tuning.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Good article, don't usually read R&T. :thumbsup:

And NASCAR V-8s rev to 8K or more so I've got to believe the low revs were due to gearing for the track and not engine capability. JMHO.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good article, don't usually read R&T. :thumbsup:

And NASCAR V-8s rev to 8K or more so I've got to believe the low revs were due to gearing for the track and not engine capability. JMHO.
Could also be the application. Nascars run at WOT at top speed 99% of the time were as GT sports cars use the entire rev range and are rarely at top speed.

So they could have developed the engine to have peak HP at a lower RPM.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
And you notice that the Chevrolet was the only production car that came close to its racing brother. And its racing brother is the one that wins all the races.

So to all you other so called high proformance production sports cars. Welcome to second place. And now I rest my case...:thumbsup::D

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Iburke I agree the ZR1 is badass & whether or not the other manufacturers will admit it I really think they are trying to catch it. Now if only Chevy can find the budget for a some decent seats and a good launch control and sequential gearbox, I'm sure engineers in Stuttgart and Maranello would have many more sleepless nites chasing that Kentucky bred beast!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I had a plane to catch and saw the cover of this article. I so wanted to buy the magazine, but didn't remember which one it was.. (knew it was not C&D or MT - I'm getting both of them) I kinda suspected it would be R&T but wasn't sure..

THANK YOU!!!!! I really enjoyed this. Gotta go to watch the video now! Again,,,, Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
And you notice that the Chevrolet was the only production car that came close to its racing brother. And its racing brother is the one that wins all the races.

So to all you other so called high proformance production sports cars. Welcome to second place. And now I rest my case...:thumbsup::D
I DISAGREE WITH YOU SIR, IT SHOULD BE KISS MY ARSE I TOLD YOU SO:laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts