Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corvette season is just around the corner, my car has been out of storage for 3 weeks. If you own a Corvette and live in Nova Scotia let us know your here.:buhbye:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine is in the garage, but everytime I try to take it out, it snows.
Kim's is still in Moncton, and everytime we decide to go get it, it snows....

When will it ever end??????

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is in the garage, but everytime I try to take it out, it snows.
Kim's is still in Moncton, and everytime we decide to go get it, it snows....

When will it ever end??????
Hi Tim, I have had my car out about 5 times this year. Hopefully you will be able to get Kim's Car before the month is over.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who do you get locally to do work on your car?- anything from an oil change to something more complicated.
Tim, Miller Tire in Burnside do my oil changes. I buy a filter and the Mobil One Synthetic and they just charge me the labour. Merv is the assistant Manager I have known him for many years. They also do my tire installs. I still don't have a place to do other work on a Corvette, there are a few guys locally who used to work at GM stores, they say they can work on Corvettes I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling. I had to order a new serpentine belt last year and one of these garages ordered 2 and both didn't fit. I ended up calling Doug MacDonald in NB and he had one for me. Other than that Forbes GM replaced one suspension part for me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Calvin.

As far as air and oil filters go, do you use anything special or just standard replacement parts from GM or generic suppliers?

We'll see you on Sunday..............

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Calvin.

As far as air and oil filters go, do you use anything special or just standard replacement parts from GM or generic suppliers?

We'll see you on Sunday..............
Hi Tim,
I buy GM filters, maybe they cost me more and may not be any better but I feel better having the real thing. What car are you and Kim bringing on Sunday?

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Calvin and Tim,

Our Corvette has been out for a month. Already have new tires and Koni FSD shocks.

Also, I have some runflat tires for sale in this forum. You can see them here http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/corvettes-and-parts-for-sale/showproduct.php/product/381/cat/4

We won't be able to make the cruise this Sunday - our daughter is graduating from St. FX. Hope to be on the next one.

Welcome to Digital Corvettes, Congrats to your daughter on her graduation. Maybe we will see you in 2 weeks on the VP Cruise to the valley.

Calvin

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think it will depend on the weather. If it's sunny and warm, Kim will want to take her car. If it's overcast, we'll take mine.
Unless she wants to drive hers, then we'll have to take both, because I don't want to be a passenger. ( and I don't think she does either )

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it will depend on the weather. If it's sunny and warm, Kim will want to take her car. If it's overcast, we'll take mine.
Unless she wants to drive hers, then we'll have to take both, because I don't want to be a passenger. ( and I don't think she does either )
How is the new car working?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Absolutely fabulous.
The only long run we've done was from Moncton to Sackville.
It takes awhile to get used to the differences from mine.
We haven't really even checked out what everything does.
Maybe you can give Kim a crash course when you see her.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Absolutely fabulous.
The only long run we've done was from Moncton to Sackville.
It takes awhile to get used to the differences from mine.
We haven't really even checked out what everything does.
Maybe you can give Kim a crash course when you see her.
Sure thing I can give show her around the C4.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tim, I had the new tires installed yesterday and the new MVI for the year. No surprises on the safety.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts