Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no heat in my 85. The diverter valve under hood is working and hot water is entering the heat exchanger. How do I go about figuring out what door or control is not working?

Stephen

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
electronic or manual aircon?
either way the temp control gate is located under the pass side dash. if manual might be a broken cable or fell off the connector. If electronic-- several things to trouble shoot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How would I know if it's electronic or manual? It's a very early 85 corvette (#1400). Either way the control is under the passangers side dash?

Difficult to get to?

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Its manual A/C. All your functions are with sliders and knobs, not push buttons and digital temp readouts, right?

You might make your life easier by taking out the passenger seat...that'll give you some more working room.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks. Once the snow clears I'll be able to get to the car again. Buried in a garage behind a snow bank and now more on the way.

Does it help to remove the dash cushion - does that give me acess to the area under the dash?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All controls are sliders. The interesting thing is that there is tension on the "hot - cold" slider.

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
the hot/cold slider just opens the valve...there might also be a door somewhere that is not being activating...I don't think pulling the dash pad will help you at all...you're going to be more down in the footwell area.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
pulling the pad won't help. I t might help to pull the computer out( don't unplug it) just to get the extra wires out of the way. If there is no tension I'd bet either the calbe broke or one of the lock tabs came off. they are simple c clips there is one one the end under the dash and another behind the controll pannel center dash. I'd put my money on the clip breaking before the cable since there isn't much tension to start with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Waiting for the Pennsylvania snow tonight wishing I could drive my vette. I glad I have this car and you guys are around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts