1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
that car is great looking :) love those wheels

·
Registered
23 Posts
That pic was taken at the NCM as the 99 caravan arrived. If you think it looks good then, you should see the latest round of mods Mallett's done to the car... 427, black chrome wheels, etc. I'll post pics when they become available.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Philip Long said:
That pic was taken at the NCM as the 99 caravan arrived. If you think it looks good then, you should see the latest round of mods Mallett's done to the car... 427, black chrome wheels, etc. I'll post pics when they become available.
Are they the American Racing black chrome wheels? Those I simply MUST see!

427? I hate you... in a jealous kinda way.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
They're Mallett 396 wheels in black chrome finish with bolt-on billet center caps laser etched with "Mallett". This is one of the first sets of these new caps released. I haven't seen them myself. The new black chrome powdercoat finish is a relatively new option. I originally had the bronze finish which got damaged during tire changes. I didn't like the brake dust being so noticeable so I opted to redo with the black chrome instead. Chuck's finishing up on the carbon-fiber hood paint work, which is all that's remaining. The hood is like the one on his green 435. Hopefully, it wiil be here by the end of the month.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Now THIS is what a C5 ought to look like!

(and a C4 for that matter.)

Love the wheels, love the stance. Even makes the rear look right.

very, very :cool:

Patrick

What's it take to lower a C4?
Haven't you done it to your GS?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Philip Long said:
how did you lower it? thinking of doing mine.
:cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
The chassis was modified with Penske/Mallett adjustable shocks with a 1.5" shorter ride height. Then the spring adjustment bolts were adjusted to the proper setting. I'm not sure if the jounce stops or rear adjustment bolts were changed. I'd have to check into it. The current height setting is 1.25" lower. I was scraping too many driveways, so I raised it a 1/4". I can't say what the true height setting is at present. I'll say this though...it makes a big difference in the way the car handles. Even the 1/4" made a noticeable difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts