Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
I refused the scanner once. They really violate the hell out of you, in the search.

Unfortunately, we have no rights when we fly. That is why, when I travel on my dollar, instead of the company's, I drive.

I can stop any time I want, and the only groping is the good kind!

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
the tsa is out of control, with no system of checks and balances for it.

While flying back from iraq/afghanistan for r&r leave, we fly back in uniform, on a secure govt aircraft, from a secure terminal, to a secure terminal in the us. we STILL HAVE TO GO THRU THAT BS SECURITY to get into the rest of the airport. The only thing they no longer make us do is take our boots off...still have to remove belts, badges, ect....

Coming back from my 1st deployment in '04, we flew back on a C-17. We were not allowed to have any knives/gerbers/ect on the aircraft with us because of FAA rules....keep in mind this is an Air Force aircraft....

when i flew back from iraq for r&r during my last deployment in '08, they flagged me because my boots set off their explosive detectors (most likely from gunpowder residue or smoke or something). Keep in mind I am coming back from a combat zone...they took my boots because they were "covered with explosives". Any idea how humiliating it is to walk thru an airport IN UNIFORM with no boots because tsa said they were dangerous? Spent 8 hours in airports/on planes with no shoes/boots....

a friend of mine in the AF was supposed to fly commercial to germany where he was to take a mil aircraft to kuwait- under official travel orders....he checked his gear, including his weapons (which were locked in a tsa/dod approved hardcase. he had a layover in nyc and got arrested for having weapons in the airport. KEEP IN MIND HE WAS ON OFFICIAL TRAVEL ORDERS AND WAS IN UNIFORM!

WW2 Medal of Honor winner in a wheelchair was told he could not fly with his medal because it was a weapon- they wanted to confiscate it and THROW IT IN THE TRASH!

dhs/tsa are out of control, they both need to be dissolved asap

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
This thread is worthless without pictures.

:devil:

:laughing:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Typical bullshit by people who bitch about being inconvenienced or "molested" but of course if they were the victims of any kind of terorist act they would be the first to scream about where was the government. This is a no win situation. If the TSA didn't do these invasive searches and somebody got through with a weapon they would get fired. If they do their job they get complaints and maybe fired.

Personaly I would be happy to do away with all the security stuff and could live with the thousands of people who would probably get killed by terrorists who could walk onto planes un checked...but could you? And if you couldn't live with those deaths then shut the **** up and get in line.

This stupid bimbo should learn about the scanners before she decides to get groped instead. Poor little miss beauty queen got treated like everybody else...boo hoo. :crazy:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Personally... I'd be happy to do away with any rule post 911. That would save about the same number of lives as it does today.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Gotta laugh at this girl....Sniff sniff...she touched my vagina 4 times...sniff sniff...and it was so sore from the five way gang bang I had in Rio last night. :rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Worried about being "more radiated". She probably believes tanning booths are OK though. Just go through the scanner.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Looks like this bitch did this whole video for publicity. All over her video they have a link to her site, as if to speak about this or organize to do something but if you go there it is nothing but articles about her and the products she peddles.

Great miss USA...plays the victim at the expense of our security just to sell ****. :crazy::crazy:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
OR we could just racially profile since we all know whe the ****ers are that are hijacking planes and blowing them up/crashing them into buildings....

...NEWSFLASH: it is not 6 year old girls, 80+ year old Medal of Honor winners, ect....

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
OR we could just racially profile since we all know whe the ****ers are that are hijacking planes and blowing them up/crashing them into buildings....

...NEWSFLASH: it is not 6 year old girls, 80+ year old Medal of Honor winners, ect....
:agree:

But I really shouldn't speak up, I'm letting my wallet talk for me as far as the airlines are concerned. I haven't flown since my last Government sponsored flight in the Navy.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts

I'd just assume we prohibit entry of any people from these terrorist nations/sanction, stop trade, ect.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Typical bullshit by people who bitch about being inconvenienced or "molested" but of course if they were the victims of any kind of terorist act they would be the first to scream about where was the government. This is a no win situation. If the TSA didn't do these invasive searches and somebody got through with a weapon they would get fired. If they do their job they get complaints and maybe fired.

Personaly I would be happy to do away with all the security stuff and could live with the thousands of people who would probably get killed by terrorists who could walk onto planes un checked...but could you? And if you couldn't live with those deaths then shut the **** up and get in line.

This stupid bimbo should learn about the scanners before she decides to get groped instead. Poor little miss beauty queen got treated like everybody else...boo hoo. :crazy:
:agree::agree::agree::agree:

Before she complained there was a line of TSA agents waiting to search her.

Cosmic radiation comes from our sun and other stars in the form of particles, such as protons, and electromagnetic waves, such as X-rays.

The higher you go in altitude, from say New York to Denver, the less atmosphere there is to protect you, and the more radiation hits you.

The amount of radiation is dependent upon altutide and latitude. Living in SC you will get about 2.5 mrem/yr if you avoid all man made sources of radiation (which you cannot).

• Transcontinental flight - 4 mrem
• 2 days in Denver - 1 mrem
• Chest X-ray - 10 mrem
• 1.5 packs of cigarettes per day - 1300 mrem per year
• Watching TV - 30 mrem per year
• Airport screening scan - 0.009 mrem per scan

·
5,955 Posts
:agree::agree::agree::agree:

Before she complained there was a line of TSA agents waiting to search her.

Cosmic radiation comes from our sun and other stars in the form of particles, such as protons, and electromagnetic waves, such as X-rays.

The higher you go in altitude, from say New York to Denver, the less atmosphere there is to protect you, and the more radiation hits you.

The amount of radiation is dependent upon altutide and latitude. Living in SC you will get about 2.5 mrem/yr if you avoid all man made sources of radiation (which you cannot).

• Transcontinental flight - 4 mrem
• 2 days in Denver - 1 mrem
• Chest X-ray - 10 mrem
• 1.5 packs of cigarettes per day - 1300 mrem per year
• Watching TV - 30 mrem per year
• Airport screening scan - 0.009 mrem per scan
BULLSHIT! The airport scanners put out 6 times more than a regular X-ray...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
BULLSHIT! The airport scanners put out 6 times more than a regular X-ray...

Apparently not, at least not as far as I can tell.
Do some checking and list your sources.

"A routine chest x-ray is about 10 mrem per film"
says:
http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/...cercenter/prevention/preventionradiation.html

"The effective dose per scan of 0.01 mrem"
says:
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/11/19/airport-scanners-putting-danger/

Or if you do not trust fox, which I understand completely:

"One full-body airport X-ray scan is less than 0.001 millirem
  • Regulatory limit for emissions from airport baggage X-ray machine is less than 0.5 millirem per hour
  • Panoramic dental X-ray is 1 millirem
  • Flying time from New York to LA is 4 millirems
  • Chest X-ray is 10 millirem
  • Mammogram is 36 millirem
  • CT Chest Scan is 700 millirem:
says:
http://www.businesstravelconnection...tsa-x-ray-airport-scanner-radiation-exposure/

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
An X-ray is also far more concentrated and powerful.
Well, no.

That is part of the definition of rem or (mrem which is 1000 times less):

Named after Wilhelm Röntgen (German scientist, 1845-1923), the roentgen equivalent in man (or mammal) or rem (symbol rem) is a unit of radiation dose equivalent. It is the product of the absorbed dose in rads and a weighting factor, WR, which accounts for the effectiveness of the radiation to cause biological damage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roentgen_equivalent_man

·
Registered
476 Posts
So basically it doesnt do anything to the human body other than maybe piss off a blood cell? and maybe as bad as having a smartphone attached to your hip for a couple hours?.... why is denver so radiated?

·
5,955 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts