Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you believe this? sure, custom vans and cars were big in the 70's... but.... what a waste!

(patrick, are we in competition today to post the most vette photos?)

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Speed Racer said:
can you believe this? sure, custom vans and cars were big in the 70's... but.... what a waste!

(patrick, are we in competition today to post the most vette photos?)

Yikes. That car sucks.:(

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
That is the worst widebody kit I have ever seen! Mine grabs attention but thank goodness it is not for being ugly (at least not to my face lol) Do you guys think mine is as ugly as that one?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm in a generous mood right now, so I'll say...to each their own.

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
clar2001 said:
I like the racing stripe :thumbsup:
Those kits look pretty good except from the back then its just to much.
I dunno,, I like my rear LOL

[/IMG]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok your car is trick is that a fuel cell under there have any under the hook pics did you do the work or buy the car like that:thumbsup:

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
clar2001 said:
Ok your car is trick is that a fuel cell under there have any under the hook pics did you do the work or buy the car like that:thumbsup:
Go to my website, readers rides, C3 and you can see picts I have on the car. Yes it is a fuel cell (though not functional at this point) and yes I did all the work (though the body kit was on the car - but tacked on).

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
customvettes said:
That is the worst widebody kit I have ever seen! Mine grabs attention but thank goodness it is not for being ugly (at least not to my face lol) Do you guys think mine is as ugly as that one?

I love the paint. Do you have an dead-on side or rear shots of the car? Those funky camera angles make it hard to assess the curves...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thats Crazy in a good way over the top ,you even carried your paint concept into the door jams .
I think one reason I first reacted the way I did and others do is that it is so Extreme .Not what were are used to seeing.
I would love to see that at a show ....

Happy Vetting gets my Vote.......:thumbsup:

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I love the paint. Do you have an dead-on side or rear shots of the car? Those funky camera angles make it hard to assess the curves...
Actually Partick I do but haven't scanned them. All the shots taken (even those not included on my site) were taken by a professional photographer. He wanted to get the best angles for the car to show the curves...go figure LOL. I did find these two...(the pole was taken)

·
Registered
749 Posts
personally, i like the traditional look of corvettes. the designers were right on the money when they drew the plans up. they are appealing to the eye and very few cars can still capture attention like an old corvette.

but, as people are, there are many out there who feel a need to "improve" on them. i've seen quite a few custom jobs at car shows that...well...to be honest, i'd be embarrassed to drive it. i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

the other corvette i don't care for is the "duntov"...to me, it's just another custom job. but, to each their own...right?

but that brings me to another question: when does changing a corvette no longer make it a corvette? i asked that question to the NCRS and never got an answer..... lol

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
mga said:
personally, i like the traditional look of corvettes. the designers were right on the money when they drew the plans up. they are appealing to the eye and very few cars can still capture attention like an old corvette.

but, as people are, there are many out there who feel a need to "improve" on them. i've seen quite a few custom jobs at car shows that...well...to be honest, i'd be embarrassed to drive it. i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

the other corvette i don't care for is the "duntov"...to me, it's just another custom job. but, to each their own...right?

but that brings me to another question: when does changing a corvette no longer make it a corvette? i asked that question to the NCRS and never got an answer..... lol
I think that some people just don't like cookie-cutter cars. I was thrilled about my Black LT4 vette, until I saw 500 others like it on the road. So, I put some TT2 wheels on it, I just wanted to stand out.

I also contemplated putting a flame job on the car, but the car burned to the ground before I could do it! (what an irony).

BEFORE...

AFTER...

I think custom is a good thing, but as to whether you like it or not is up to personal taste I suppose.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts