Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the dual mode exhaust worth the cost of the option or is it better to get an aftermarket exhaust? Does anyone have a video of their dual mode exhaust in both modes? How loud is the exhaust?

I had the Borla Stingers on my 04 and loved the sound, does the dual mode sound anything like that? :huh:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hey Ponch I am looking at getting the NPP mufflers for my 07...Still havent decided yet, I like the idea where you can control your exhaust sound with the flip of a switch.....

For the set of mufflers I would be looking at about $1350, then an additional $120 for the Mild to wild wireless remote. A little pricey :surprised

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have the B&B Fusion (mild to wild) on my 2007 C6 and it keeps peace in the house. On trips my wife likes is mild.
I just got the car back from Corvettes of Houston last night with new LG Longtube headers and a Dyno, and it sounds really good on the wild side. Deep and throaty American muscle sound.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hey Yukon have a sound clip of your setup????....Would like to hear that bad boy :D

When you installed the B&B was it a straight bolt in or did you have to do any cutting or welding of the pipes?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I will try to get a sound post when I get back home. I had the Fusion put on last year at Corvettes of Houston and it was a straight bolt on. They used to post sounds on their website bbexhaust.com

try them

·
Registered
606 Posts
Is the dual mode exhaust worth the cost of the option or is it better to get an aftermarket exhaust? Does anyone have a video of their dual mode exhaust in both modes? How loud is the exhaust?

I had the Borla Stingers on my 04 and loved the sound, does the dual mode sound anything like that? :huh:
Go with just some different mufflers that have a sound you like

The NPP used on Corvettes require vacuum plumbed in, the controller for it and the wiring.

If converting to a NPP type do not get screwed over and paying $80 to $100 for the so called M2W when you can go right to the real maker which is a company in China and pay them only $20 and keep the rest rather then some vendor screwing you over
Maker is All Electronics.

As it is NPP is for sound only and even GM specs when at WOT with dampers open only 7 flywheel HP gain.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As it is NPP is for sound only and even GM specs when at WOT with dampers open only 7 flywheel HP gain.
I wasn't concerned with the power gain I was more wondering about the sound. Does the NPP have a deep throaty muscle sound or is it kind of tinny?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks, that is awesome :thumbsup:...So this controller is the exact same one the vendors here are selling???

Straight plug and play?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I wasn't concerned with the power gain I was more wondering about the sound. Does the NPP have a deep throaty muscle sound or is it kind of tinny?
Hard to tell as everyone hears sound differently but I took them off my C6 Z06.
The dampers were never designed to stay open all the time and if you force them to then over time the pivot points on dampers get weak and the dampers rattle which sounds like crap.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks, that is awesome :thumbsup:...So this controller is the exact same one the vendors here are selling???

Straight plug and play?
YES ! - notice the keyfobs, the red marker on them, check the vendors selling at high profits and the same markers are there.
Maker I sent you to is the OEM, nothing more the a low amperage single pole switch via wireless.

Imagine if OEM profits at $21 what others are making :lookinup:

M2W or whatever people call it is NOT a controller, that is already part of GM's system, the wireless switch is just bypassing what RPM set controller to command dampers on

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yeah I just noiticed that..damn!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do you buy this one for yours??? I am assuming you have the NPP??

·
Registered
606 Posts
I bought one of these for $21 couple years ago when I ran the stock mufflers and had no problem with the wireless switch

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hmmm intesting...The only thing is with that controller your flaps are open when you start the car....Where as other ones from vendors youy can program so they remained closed or open on startup...Is that correct?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Pinch, I have factory NPP with Mild2Wild and I love it. Nice throaty growl at idle, plain loud with hard acceleration. However at driving speed, pretty loud interior drone. Have to turn it off when wife is n the car. It's probably not as loud as Borlas oe Corsas but it's jus right for me.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pinch, I have factory NPP with Mild2Wild and I love it. Nice throaty growl at idle, plain loud with hard acceleration. However at driving speed, pretty loud interior drone. Have to turn it off when wife is n the car. It's probably not as loud as Borlas oe Corsas but it's jus right for me.
I thought the NPP was controlled kind of like Mild2wild? :huh:

Is there a need for both?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I thought the NPP was controlled kind of like Mild2wild? :huh:

Is there a need for both?
From the factory, it is closed until 3500 RPM, then opens for better breathing. Unless they have changed it since '09, you have to add the Mild2Wild switch to get it to open all the time. Alternatively, it's easy to pull the 10 amp fuse under the passenger carpet and it will be open all the time.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts