Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Former NPR executive Ron Schiller slams Republicans and the tea party movement and suggests that NPR would be better off without any federal funding in a hidden-camera video released Tuesday by conservative filmmaker James O'Keefe...."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110308/ts_yblog_thecutline/npr-appalled-by-former-execs-comments

..."Also, Ron Schiller doesn't appear to interject when the two men make outlandish comments about Jews controlling the media and laughs when they jokingly refer to NPR as "National Palestinian Radio."

NPR now appalled by comments, but you don't get to that position in a company by having views contrary to the organization. Please, I'm sure you could just as easily get the rest of them to say the same thing.

How much food could be given to needy families with the $90Million NPR gets from the government. They need to cut off funding and let them either sink or swim on their own!!

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Never let one or two idiots spoil the good work of the others.

This is a general rule, not just a political one.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
On a side note:

NPR is trying to keep a new Catholic Radio Station from going on the air in Chicago Land.

Can't have all those pro-life, right wing, anti-obama healthcare, anti planned parenthood people have a radio station!!!

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
On a side note:

NPR is trying to keep a new Catholic Radio Station from going on the air in Chicago Land.

Can't have all those pro-life, right wing, anti-obama healthcare, anti planned parenthood people have a radio station!!!
If it is not using any tax dollars, why not let it air? It might do good to have a station NOT playing rap and metal and evangelical.

With government dollars? NFW. Political opinion is one thing. this comes close to establishing a religion.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Who the hell even listens to NPR???

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Long past time that NPR was exposed for the left-wing wacko bastion that it has unfortunately become. While they have some programs I would like to listen to, such as "Wait, wait - don't tell me" and "Says You", I am unable to enjoy them as their panels of snarky, smug, self-important leftists miss no opportunity to trash anything conservative or of real value.

No funding. Zero. My tax dollars should never pay for their crap, any more than they should pay for the things that the National Endowment for the Arts deems "worthy". Let those who agree with the bile these organizations are wallowing in foot the bill.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
If it is not using any tax dollars, why not let it air? It might do good to have a station NOT playing rap and metal and evangelical.

With government dollars? NFW. Political opinion is one thing. this comes close to establishing a religion.
The Catholic Radio station in Chicagoland is a non-profit, non commercial license, self funded. No tax $

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Who the hell even listens to NPR???
I would listen to "Car talk" with click and clack the tappet brothers.

Wait, wait, don't tell me used to be funny but became waayy to leftist for me.

I think that show is out of Madison Wisc. by the way.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
The Catholic Radio station in Chicagoland is a non-profit, non commercial license, self funded. No tax $
Then by all means, I fully support its right to exist!

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Well, we finally have the blessing we were waiting for. ;)

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
"Former NPR executive Ron Schiller slams Republicans and the tea party movement and suggests that NPR would be better off without any federal funding in a hidden-camera video released Tuesday by conservative filmmaker James O'Keefe...."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110308/ts_yblog_thecutline/npr-appalled-by-former-execs-comments

..."Also, Ron Schiller doesn't appear to interject when the two men make outlandish comments about Jews controlling the media and laughs when they jokingly refer to NPR as "National Palestinian Radio."

NPR now appalled by comments, but you don't get to that position in a company by having views contrary to the organization. Please, I'm sure you could just as easily get the rest of them to say the same thing.

How much food could be given to needy families with the $90Million NPR gets from the government. They need to cut off funding and let them either sink or swim on their own!!

"doesn't appear to interject....":laughing:

Oh the Humanity!!!!!!
:laughing:

Hold me back....:laughing:

soooooooooooooo...

the guy is NOT a politician or legislator, or leader...

And speaks his political view.....:laughing:
and doest not respond to racial remarks made by others....:laughing:

This is News?:laughing:

That's llike working for McDonalds and saying that you hate hamburgers....:laughing:

Stop the Press!!!

:rolling:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts