Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know if i am being unreasonable.

May 28th I called my local NTB to have them order two BFG 255 tires. I provided my number etc to the store manager. He said he would call me when they came in.
June 1st I still had not received a call and called the tire store to see if they had arrived. Juan said there are no such tire in the inventory and he put me on hold to look to see if they had arrived. He say no. I had him leave a message for the manager to call me as he had said they would be in no problem. I asked what closest store had them and he told me a store 23 miles away had them.
I needed them pretty bad. jumped in the vett and 20 feet from drive way my rear tire goes flat.
I back up remove rims put them in my car and drive 45 miles round trip for them.
I was pissed.
Next day no call from manager so i call customer service. File a report and a week later I get call from manager saying sorry "what do you want me to do" "it was a communication error" he informed me he had the tires and he said come in any time we will install for you.

June 15th i go to tire store at 9am speak to him and he tells me he cant install he has other commitments. I asked him about his commitment to me and he said Im sorry come back tomorrow at 7am.

I call back to the customer care number and add to the report.

What would you do, what would you expect from them for the hassle

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
You're not likely to get anything for your trouble. They obviously are not well organized or managed. I think you've done all you can do - Call and report their shoddy treatment of customers and let others know of your problems as you have done here. Good luck! I hope you at least get the tires and they get installed properly. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Let me know if i am being unreasonable.
What would you do, what would you expect from them for the hassle
First, every manager has a boss. This is what I've done and it's always worked for me, lets say.

1) Go to the Managers Boss .. His Boss has a Boss ..
2) When you get to the top ... tell them what you have gone thru and you expect some kind of compensation for everything. If they say they can't, go to their Boss .. Something like that, I would want the tires put on free, if they aren't all ready. If so, reimbursed for what you have spent, Plus .. a deal on your next purchase, if you go back there.
3) In short, you want to end up at the Very Top of the chain in the company .. Last but not least, have the Manager fired if he's that incapable.

·
Registered
872 Posts
NTB is a very poorly managed tire/service shop. Used to be the service manager at one and hated how idiotic the upper management was. Store manager (my boss) was a high school drop out with bad credit always talking about how to run a business right when I had just come from selling my successful shop. Load of certified morons at all levels. Go to Discount Tire instead.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I order my street tires from Tire Rack and have them installed at the Discount Tire on Trinity Mills Rd off the Tollway in Carrolton. I get my race tires scrubbed/used from a race team and have them installed at the same place. Great service and they have not put a scratch on a wheel yet.

:cheers:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Anybody who works on their own car has no business dropping an entire car off at a national chain tire store. They will let you down every time. If it's not a scheduling problem then they'll screw the car up.

When the guy told you he couldn't accept that car, that's code for "I only have one guy I'd trust with your car".

No matter what they will always accept a stack of wheels from you. Plan to come back tomorrow for pickup and don't ever go on a weekend.

It is a wal-mart quality environment. You are driving something different than their usual customer. Recognize it. Local mechanic's shops mount and balance tires too, but you will have to pay additional to receive the customer service you want.

Are you being unreasonable? Yes and no. You see the stripes on the tiger. The tiger says it's a horse with some dirt streaks. You approach and the tiger eats you. Whose fault is that?

As a former tire monkey I'd say you got exactly what you paid for. Which is the least possible everything.

At least you didn't use Big O. They have a band of lawyers who make a living threatening small business owners that use 'big" or any letter of the alphabet in their name. During the peak of pro stock tire-sponsor rivalry they sued dart for Big M motown heads.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I buy my tires from Tire Rack also and the first time I went to NTB---one of their preferred installers---the guy mangled one of my brand new Coys wheels. I informed the manager and he immediately got on the internet and ordered me a new wheel overnight. Had another installer do it when it came in and no problem. Only bad part was the balance wasn't worth a damn. Had to take all four to another place for a decent balance. I now use the tire dealer my company uses in Bridgeport and have no problems at all. Art

·
Registered
53 Posts
That unfortunate in this day in ago to not help their customers. Talk to the person in charge, get some kind of refund, discount for troubles, and just never give them your business.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts