Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a set of wheels from them, and was curious of anybody's past experience with them or their product.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Are they the ones from Sarasota FL? If so I bought a set of A-Molds for my 94 from them. Had no problems what so ever. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
My dad (bob88) and I and a guy that works for me (357flyer) have all bought wheels from them with complete satisfaction.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! Yeah, they are the ones out of Sarasota. I had to check on that. It's good to hear the positive feedback on them. It looks like I'll be getting my wheels from them. I ordered them this morning. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Cool, what wheel did you order?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Z06 motorsports in argent silver with a polished lip. Stock sizes, though. I'm on a budget until it's paid off. :laughing:

I thought it would be affordable and remain a little bit different.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I debated over the chrome or the black finish options, until I saw a white C5 in my area with the black rims. That was enough to not want to go that route. So, I was seriously considering the chrome because you can't go wrong that way. But, when I saw these, it clicked that they would look nice and be a little different. I'm just not sure if I'll like cleaning the "rivet" areas on those wheels. I guess it will still be easier than tryiing to maintain my polished aluminum rims.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts

Thats a great looking wheel.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think they'll be somewhat unique. Especially around by me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just ordered those the on wednesday. Same seller on ebay as well. I went with the 18 all around 18 x 9.5 / 56mm Front and 18 x 10.5 / 54mm rear. I hope the offset is correct. Nice looking wheel good choice, now if only Nitto made a 305 tire in the 555 series that would be:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's funny, because I'm running Nitto 555s on the rear of my Vette. :laughing:

275s, though. For now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the Nitto 555 all around now. I am taking the 275/18 to the new fronts and i got 285/18 for the new rear. i figured just sell the 245/17 i have in the original fronts. I bounced back and forth on the chrome and these, i think they will really compliment the pewter on the car. cant wait to get them mounted, the wagon wheels are really getting to me. those will really look nice with your white. please post pics when you get them mounted.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will, and you do the same. This wheel should be a little something different out on the market for us. I bet they'll be the right wheel for your pewter car, too. And the chrome lip will accent them perfectly on your car.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They should be here any day now. It seemed to take some time for the order to get filled, but I did get a confirmation last Monday. :partyon:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey,
Got mine on friday and had them mounted on saturday. They look and fit great. I have gotten a ton of complements over the weekend, cant stop looking at them. Anything is better than wagon wheels. It is well worth the wait. Make sure you get the tire presure nut and o-ring. I had a leak with the old o-rings and had to do a last minute trip to parts store. Also if you want to swap your front tires out i have a basically new set of nitto 555 245-40-17 that i have no use for. hang in there it is most diff. worth it. i will try to post a pic soon.:cheers:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool! Now you really have me eagerly awaiting mine. :thumbsup:

I might be interested in those Nittos if the shipping isn't too bad and I have the spare money.

·
Registered
99 Posts
sent a pm.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I sure hope those wheels get here soon. :laughing:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know the repros they do come from china. anyone had a problem with repro wheels and going out of round after a curb hit or nasty pothole. overall quality of the wheels?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts