Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped into the vette and plan out my route before I leave the driveway. I try routing so I avoid any construction areas or high traffic areas and such. It’s not easy but I try anyway. My wife thinks I’m nuts. She tells me it will take us longer that way. :D

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
ragvette said:
I jumped into the vette and plan out my route before I leave the driveway. I try routing so I avoid any construction areas or high traffic areas and such. It’s not easy but I try anyway. My wife thinks I’m nuts. She tells me it will take us longer that way. :D

Yep, always look for the easiest way, might be a little longer, but I hate traffic and I also want to avoid construction areas and the like. I guess I'm nuts too. :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I have done that too. If my wife starts onme about it before we leave, we then take her car and she drives. I have asked her several times when she got so much smarter than me....usually don't get an answer.

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
I hate construction.

I like traffic lights, but only when they are green.

I will go out of my way to take the freeways when possible.

The wife, thinks I am nuts too. Here in Phoenix, some of the lights are tuned so if you drive exactly (so they say) 45 mph the lights will be green all the way through. Needless to say.. I can never get that to happen..

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
do the same thing. Also plan a circular route. I hate to drive to and from along the same roads.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
:laughing: hell ya,i think most people do,admit it or not.industrial area's are good for picking up nail and screw's in your tire's.
i think about were i'm going because my car is 2 inch's off the ground,so step angled parking structure's are out of the question.
one other thing about hawaii-the pot-hole capital of the U.S.big nasty one's too.if i can remeber i'll take a couple of pic's...:laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Kod_X said:
I hate construction.

The wife, thinks I am nuts too. Here in Phoenix, some of the lights are tuned so if you drive exactly (so they say) 45 mph the lights will be green all the way through.

So if you go 90 mph they should all be green, right. :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I do the same thing.:thumbsup:
I even take the route with the least amount of bumpy and/or poor road condition's.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AlwaysWave said:
do the same thing. Also plan a circular route. I hate to drive to and from along the same roads.
Ditto here :buhbye:

Showing this thread to the wife :D

T

·
0 Posts
There is no other way. When I must interact with the heathens, I drive the Expedition. Or the Porsche... hehehe...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I'm guilty also. I'd rather cruise at a nice speed and take the longer route than sit in traffic on the shorter one.

·
Registered
282 Posts
By searching the provincial highways dept here you can print a map of construction including details and plan accordingly. I always research this prior to my Wasaga Beach trip...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I did that a time or two when the car was painted.

For the most part, I'll drive it anywhere now. I am keeping it off the road once it snows though. The rocks/sand/salt take their toll on the finish.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Planning round trip is a necessity every time I leave the driveway. Even around town! A town of 450 people. There are some streets I seriously cannot go down. I'll snap a pic of the one in particular in the spring. Being the only guy in town with a low car, I don't have a lot of say in smooth roads. The highways are lands of potholes, broken pavement, gravel roads and large semis. Whenever the highway gets broken up enough, they just gravel a bit of it. Broke my oil filter on a good heave one night. The governement says "If you go slow and drive carefully it's not that bad." Going slow was the reason we got rid of the horse and buggy a century ago..............

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup. All of the above. Plus, the freeway is so close to where I live, the engine is still stone cold if I drive directly to the on-ramp. So, I need to plan ahead for some excuse to warm up the oil so that I can enjoy the WOT rush of power on the on-ramp ... I usually end up driving on the city streets to the on-ramp in the next city.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Yep. I know the non-construction route anywhere I go.

I'll even go as far as to ask the receptionist "How's the parking there? I want to bring my Vette... is it a safe place to park?"... and they are always VERY honest with me - and have never steered me wrong!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts