Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Gingrich is the GOP nominee for POTUS.

That's my opinion. Get out and vote in the Primaries. Get an electable candidate on the GOP Ticket.

:cheers:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I agree, and I will throw Romney in that same category.

Rick Perry might end up being the dark horse this go round, and has a record that say he can do what he says. Could get interesting..

Newt and Mitt need to go away, but you and I both know one of them will probably be the republicrats nominee..

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I don't think Newt can distance himself enough from all the baggage. Mitt is the guy to beat right now, but it's WAY early, a lot of things can happen.

As for Obama, if the economy is still in the tank and the unemployment rate doesn't drastically improve, he's toast no matter who runs against him . . . and right now his chances of things turning around don't look very good.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I think Newt is a really good concepts guy.

He has a record of accomplishment in the mid 90s that is solid.

However, he is NOT executive material, and would be a disaster as a President.

Given the recent developments in his 'campaign', I can't imagine anyone would think that he has ANY chance of being selected as the Republican nominee.

Steven

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
I agree, and I will throw Romney in that same category.

Rick Perry might end up being the dark horse this go round, and has a record that say he can do what he says. Could get interesting..

Newt and Mitt need to go away, but you and I both know one of them will probably be the republicrats nominee..

i thought he wasn't going to run

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I think it will be Romney for the GOP nod. Bachman could have been the VP ticket, but her 'Obamneycare' comments will keep her off the ticket.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I think it will be Romney for the GOP nod. Bachman could have been the VP ticket, but her 'Obamneycare' comments will keep her off the ticket.
That was Pawlenty.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
There were a lot of those polled that saw Bachman as the winner of that 'debate'.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You heard it here, first.

It will be Perry/Cain
or
Perry/Bachman

Either ticket will tyrounce BHO.

BHO is a turd. He has accomplished zero, nada, nuthin' during his first 30 months, while spending borrowed money like a drunken sailor, dividing the nation racially, and making this nation the laughing stock of the world.
The only hope this Republic has is to put Conservatives, not Republican RINO's, back in the WH and Congress.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
while spending borrowed money like a drunken sailor
Now hold on there Predator, I'm a sailor and sometimes drink. Don't even consider putting Obama in a class with us. We don't want him. We occasionally encounter extremely rough conditions like gales, thunderstorms, 12-20 foot angry, confused seas breaking over the bow, stern and athwartships at seemingly the same time and we almost always get back into port.

Our powers of logic, reasoning and knowledge keep us out of trouble by allowing us to make decisions based on the facts at hand. He has shown me none of these qualities. The best we can hope for is that he'll take up sailing as a hobby. His chances of survival would not be all that great.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Romney is the front runner right now for one reason: name recognition. It's better than the rest of this class. Gingrich has no chance of getting the nomination since the party core doesn't get to pick the candidate any more. Watch Bachmann. Her star is rising since the last debate. Although the media has already tried to frame her as Sarah Palin II, she has much better credentials and is a force to be reckoned with. This is going to get interesting.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
I'm all for the Bachman/Palin ticket. With two women running around the White House it shouldn't need dusting, vacuuming, or the windows washed. Surely one of the two can cook and think of the savings we'd get by laying off the chefs, housekeepers, gardeners and babysitters. Oh wait, she has her own babysitting staff. How many bedrooms would the White House need to handle her children? We'd have to build a condo complex adjoining the Oval office. And then there's always the issue of a responsible adult.:D

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I'm all for the Bachman/Palin ticket. With two women running around the White House it shouldn't need dusting, vacuuming, or the windows washed. Surely one of the two can cook and think of the savings we'd get by laying off the chefs, housekeepers, gardeners and babysitters. Oh wait, she has her own babysitting staff. How many bedrooms would the White House need to handle her children? We'd have to build a condo complex adjoining the Oval office. And then there's always the issue of a responsible adult.:D
Boy them drunken sailors are sexist! :lookinup:

Some good points though. :agree:

:laughing:

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
Now hold on there Predator, I'm a sailor and sometimes drink. Don't even consider putting Obama in a class with us. We don't want him. We occasionally encounter extremely rough conditions like gales, thunderstorms, 12-20 foot angry, confused seas breaking over the bow, stern and athwartships at seemingly the same time and we almost always get back into port.

Our powers of logic, reasoning and knowledge keep us out of trouble by allowing us to make decisions based on the facts at hand. He has shown me none of these qualities. The best we can hope for is that he'll take up sailing as a hobby. His chances of survival would not be all that great.
:agree: As a fellow drunken-sailor myself, I always STOPPED spending when I ran out of money...;)

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
As a fellow drunken-sailor myself, I always STOPPED spending when I ran out of money...
I've been in a port or two awaiting funds to continue a journey also. If I pull out MY credit card I know when to stop spending. The bank tells me so. They don't just keep arbitrarily raising my limit knowing that I can't repay it in my lifetime.........but when has government made any sense at all? Red or Blue, Conservative or Liberal, Dem or Pub, In my 65 years on this planet I've never seen any of them make a logical decision when it comes to finance.

The only reason for two parties is to give approximately half the population something to bitch about. As soon as everyone gets it the better off we'll all be. Of course that would cut the post count of some DC members to zero.;)

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Bush spent like a drunken Democrat. Just ask Kennedy and their No Child Allowed To Succeed Act.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts