Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least that's what I got from his latest speech. If you look back over the past decade the left definitely is the party that has been less civil.

Wasn't obama himself that uttered " if they bring a knife we'll bring a gun" "they can ride in the car but don't do a lot of talking"??

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Obama gave a very good speech. No one could argue otherwise. Even going so far as to call for a tempering of the lefts rhetoric and blame. The applause during that speech... by those who mistook this memorial for a pep-rally or a champagne speech, cheapened the entire affair... and made his words ring hollow. The hundreds if not thousands of pro Obama tee-shirts that were handed out at the door... was downright disgraceful.

This is the first time, for me... that president Obama appeared and spoke in a Presidential manner. It was sad -what his fans turned this memorial in to.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Obama gave a very good speech. No one could argue otherwise. Even going so far as to call for a tempering of the lefts rhetoric and blame. The applause during that speech... by those who mistook this memorial for a pep-rally or a champagne speech, cheapened the entire affair... and made his words ring hollow. The hundreds if not thousands of pro Obama tee-shirts that were handed out at the door... was downright disgraceful.

This is the first time, for me... that president Obama appeared and spoke in a Presidential manner. It was sad -what his fans turned this memorial in to.
That was a very good speech, from what I have seen it was also well delivered. The pep rally atmosphere seemed a little strange, but the zombies probably didn't have a clue why they were even there.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
He looked very uncomfortable in the beginning. I wasn't sure if it was do to the fans or his lack of teleprompters. He pulled it off rather well... either way.

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
wow, even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days. you guys are actually giving Obama a compliment? I better write this on the calendar. :laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
wow, even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days. you guys are actually giving Obama a compliment? I better write this on the calendar. :laughing:
Well, I wouldn't say it was a compliment. He gave a well written (written by someone else) speech at a memorial, that looked and sounded more like a campaign rally (coupled with his Organizing for America t-shirts) which ultimately was rather sick and insulting..

So, yeah, mark your calender.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Why is this a surprise ? Have we not, on a few occasions where it was justified, done this very thing in the past ? Please do not confuse our ideology with the left. Credit is given where credit is due... as our ideology is not based in the simplistic emotion of hate. Rather, it is based upon ideological differences. Thus our ability to compliment as apposed to the lefts inability to grant any favor toward their opponents point of view... other then hatred.

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
yes yes, most of the News Room posts I read are the picture of non-partisan open-mindedness :lookinup::laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
The calls and pleas for "nonpartisan dialog and action" are hollow at best... and amount to partisan positioning and maneuvering at the first sign of weakness from the other side. This was a major contributing factor that allowed for our current economic state. The two ideologies are incomparable. One allows for the expansion of wealth... and the other is dependent upon those that acquire the wealth.

Regardless of the stance... one ideology is capable and willing to afford compliment to the other, for deeds deemed in favor of allowing those that are able -to acquire wealth... the other is not.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Not really or no ? Because if it is "not really"... that still demonstrates the willingness to give praise where praise is due. If it is "no"... then that is simply incorrect as I have on multiple occasions, given praise to the Presidents war efforts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts