Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I won't give Obama too hard a time on this. I do think once someone has paid their penalty, they should be given the benefit of the doubt and a new chance. But Obama probably shouldn't have addressed it at all. He should leave that commentary to the sports guys.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Obama is just one in a long list of people who have publicly praised Vick, to include the mayor of Philly. The mayor has had Vick speak to a few youth groups. Nah, nothing of interest here.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
But Obama probably shouldn't have addressed it at all. He should leave that commentary to the sports guys.
BINGO!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Would Obama have made his comments if Vick where a white guy? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Obama's stump speech for the 2012 elections.......................................................... "Everybody deserves a second chance."

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I won't give Obama too hard a time on this. I do think once someone has paid their penalty, they should be given the benefit of the doubt and a new chance. But Obama probably shouldn't have addressed it at all. He should leave that commentary to the sports guys.
I bet those dogs that him and his thug friends abused and killed wish they had a second chance at life. Just sayin....

·
Registered
15 Posts
To blkslvr79.. Yes, I do believe the President would have had the same opinion if Vick was White. Not everyone has the same hang-ups about race that you so obviously do. Check yourself before you wreck yourself!!

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
The media sure loves breaking down and building up celebrities, don't they?

It's sad in our society, one's sports stats is all it takes to be deemed a success and receive executive praise. Nobody wants to celebrate the folks who have made the right choices from the beginning.

How about fully paying off your debts? Or staying away from the Club'n thugs? It's just the regular season folks, the guy has been too busy to screw things up yet. But feel free to put all your eggs in his basket, it's fun to watch the ship sink!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Obama is just one in a long list of people who have publicly praised Vick, to include the mayor of Philly. The mayor has had Vick speak to a few youth groups. Nah, nothing of interest here.
I would have to respectfully disagree here. The mayor of Philadelphia is NOT our country's president, and Michael Vick has more recognition in Philly because he plays for the Eagles. I still disagree with the Mayor's choice, but he is not the POTUS and I don't expect him to make the same decisions.

It was completely inappropriate, and if it wasn't of interest, it wouldn't be in the news.

This man endorsed, participated, and actively killed and abused animals in a facility that he built for the purpose of doing so.

This isn't like he once shot his dog in his back yard because it wouldn't stop barking. This is premeditated in every sense of the word. What kind of thought process do you think a person has if they allow themselves to go so far as to purchase a home in the middle of nowhere for several hundred thousands of dollars, go out and find car and truck axles to chain dogs up to, buy tasers and electric shock equipment, setup fighting rings and coordinated fighting events for.. it goes and on.

The bottom line is that this guy should still be in prison and was given a less than adequate sentence because he was a professional football player in the first place.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
The bottom line is that this guy should still be in prison and was given a less than adequate sentence because he was a professional football player in the first place.
Way overboard.. IMO. He did the crime, did the time, should be left to proceed. 23 months was pretty stiff, IMO. Sure, I like dogs too, but we are talking about a breed that should be eradicated in the first place..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sure, I like dogs too, but we are talking about a breed that should be eradicated in the first place..
Bad pits are a product of their raising, just like bad people.

Myself and several friends have pit bulls and none of them are the viscious killers the media makes them out to be.
Do some research

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would have to respectfully disagree here. The mayor of Philadelphia is NOT our country's president, and Michael Vick has more recognition in Philly because he plays for the Eagles. I still disagree with the Mayor's choice, but he is not the POTUS and I don't expect him to make the same decisions.

It was completely inappropriate, and if it wasn't of interest, it wouldn't be in the news.

This man endorsed, participated, and actively killed and abused animals in a facility that he built for the purpose of doing so.

This isn't like he once shot his dog in his back yard because it wouldn't stop barking. This is premeditated in every sense of the word. What kind of thought process do you think a person has if they allow themselves to go so far as to purchase a home in the middle of nowhere for several hundred thousands of dollars, go out and find car and truck axles to chain dogs up to, buy tasers and electric shock equipment, setup fighting rings and coordinated fighting events for.. it goes and on.

Completely agree

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
To blkslvr79.. Yes, I do believe the President would have had the same opinion if Vick was White. Not everyone has the same hang-ups about race that you so obviously do. Check yourself before you wreck yourself!!
Naivety is no answer.

This is Beer Fest all over again. ;) If Vick where not a "minority", Obama would have nothing to say about him. Same goes for his support of Tiger Woods.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/17/president-barack-obama-tiger-woods-fox-news-interview-video/
Obama told Fox News today while Tiger betrayed his family -- and has lots of unresolved issues -- "he's still going to be a terrific golfer."

Guess the economy is not the only thing Obama is wrong on. Add sports and human dignity to that list.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Bad pits are a product of their raising, just like bad people.

Myself and several friends have pit bulls and none of them are the viscious killers the media makes them out to be.
Do some research
:agree:Any dog can turn bad at any time, but I don't think its any worse from one breed to another. As for pit bulls I know a few people with pits and they are teddy bears.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Way overboard.. IMO. He did the crime, did the time, should be left to proceed.
Thank you. I don't care for the guy personally but he paid the price as our judicial system mandated that he do. As far as the law is concerned, his slate is clean. It is not up to us to retry the man for a crime that he has paid his debt for. There are laws against that.

Naivety is no answer.

This is Beer Fest all over again. ;) If Vick where not a "minority", Obama would have nothing to say about him. Same goes for his support of Tiger Woods.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/17/president-barack-obama-tiger-woods-fox-news-interview-video/
Obama told Fox News today while Tiger betrayed his family -- and has lots of unresolved issues -- "he's still going to be a terrific golfer."

Guess the economy is not the only thing Obama is wrong on. Add sports and human dignity to that list.
Where are you pulling this logic from? The president is a sports fan, unlike any previous presidents that we have had. Did you see the story about the fat lip he got during a game? Where's your post about him calling the UConn girl's coach to congratulate them on their 69th win? What about the story on his NCAA brackets? What other president have we had that was this up on sports news? None.

You clearly have an issue with Obama. This is evident no matter how you try and spin this story. It's a non-issue. Murders have been released from prison. Those are the people you should be screaming about.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Thank you. I don't care for the guy personally but he paid the price as our judicial system mandated that he do. As far as the law is concerned, his slate is clean. It is not up to us to retry the man for a crime that he has paid his debt for. There are laws against that.

Where are you pulling this logic from? The president is a sports fan, unlike any previous presidents that we have had. Did you see the story about the fat lip he got during a game? Where's your post about him calling the UConn girl's coach to congratulate them on their 69th win? What about the story on his NCAA brackets? What other president have we had that was this up on sports news? None.

You clearly have an issue with Obama. This is evident no matter how you try and spin this story. It's a non-issue. Murders have been released from prison. Those are the people you should be screaming about.
DUDE...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts

I never claimed he was not a sports fan. Only that he tends to spout off about many things he has a racial interest in.... No different than Wright or Jackson. Where are his postive comments endorsing white athletes?

You want to talk about murders?? :laughing:
How many lives did Vick take? He is a murderer. Vick got off easy because he is a public figure. If he where anyone else, he'd still be doing time. Your POTUS endorses a murderer. :down: This tells a lot about his character.

Vick's a piece of ****.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts