Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest is obama yesterday stated republicans need to sit in the back of the car the dems are driving!!! WHAT!!!!

I guess it just shows how desperate they are, to use any analogy where anyone is told to sit in the back of anything. How disrespectful to Rosa Parks and all those who fought for civil rights in those times!!! obama should be ashamed of himself.

I'm going to stay on topic rather than question where the current leaders of the civil rights movement are on those comments. The groundswell that is taking place is like a tidal wave that's going to sweep obama's ride right into the river.

I hope that the republicans stand strong and draw a line in the sand Nov 3rd and make the dems come to them. There needs to be bi-partisan action but dems needs to come back to center before the republicans even take a baby step!!!

Republicans need to call the RNC and demand this. Like Reagan said we need to be a bold difference, not a pastel!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ez 2c

Intelligently minded people quickly recognize speeches reflective of well-meaning thought(s) just as well those evidently void such attributes.

The following serves as example of two, which promote “unity” for a nation to be as a whole – despite the many differences that exist in life, while one not so much. Can you spot the inferior and divisive speech?

1. "Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans - born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace."

2. "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. "

3. "We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
3. "We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."
Oh we could take this thread so many places with Barry's f'd up quote.

:agree:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the president. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

GW Bush, 2006

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the president. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

GW Bush, 2006
He's talking about being commander in chief. What he says is entirely true. What obama said is entirely BS. The Republicans can sit whereever they want.

·
Registered
146 Posts
IF had there been a TRUE “desire” to reach across the aisle the statement would’ve been better received had it offered a seat ALONGSIDE for the ride… as equal.

Does he ascribe this particular thinking to his significant other (wife) as well when in travel?

The remark is nothing short of demeaning whereby debasing the dignity and social standing of the other party. A SHAMEFUL remark as it further personifies the TRUE nature and/or character of the individual.

Then again ARROGANCE is a terrible monster for an individual to temper, especially for one who evidently still possess an infantile nature undergoing pubescence.

PS: BOTH PARTIES are "culpable" for the nation's condition just as both parties are at fault for putting up infants for a vote, and as equally ALL must "share" the blame for having voted these infants into the position of power.

·
Registered
710 Posts

GW Bush, 2006

good thing this is relevant today. :rolleyes:...

So that's the argument from the left? Whenever someone points out one of Obama's short comings merely quote GWB to some how rebuke the fact that Obama has no clue? That's an intelligent argument... If you are 5 I guess. You guys sound liek children...

little Suzy, "mom! Barry called me a bad name!"
Little Barry, "well George called me a worse name last week"

:thumbsup: Great argument!

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I am in no way offended by this man's stupidity, afterall he can't help it. If the teleprompter scrolls it he says it. :partyon:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Little children is more like when a buncha crabby pubs fill the newsroom with "extreme or overly intense/sensational threads/posts" to sway election votes.
Is that tactic working? I would never have guessed a few crabby republicans could sway national opinion. :huh:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Little children is more like when a buncha crabby pubs fill the newsroom with "extreme or overly intense/sensational threads/posts" to sway election votes.
Like newsroom posts actually change a lot of minds. How often do you see a post like this?
" You know, your logic is impecable, and I can clearly see that I have been wrong on this issue. In the next election, I will be switching parties and voting for all of those rascals I have been bad-mouthing for the last few months."

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
146 Posts
This individual’s ever increasing [divisive] nature is becoming more and more SHAMEFULLY evident.

What, now the opposing party is to be regarded an “enemy” of the nation, the country, because of what... differing viewpoints regarding "core" American values?

:: obama-tells-latinos-to-punish

Interestingly he won't use such harsh language to describe Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or Kim Jong-il but considers the Republicans (GOP) an enemy. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
This individual’s ever increasing [divisive] nature is becoming more and more SHAMEFULLY evident.

What, now the opposing party is to be regarded an “enemy” of the nation, the country, because of what... differing viewpoints regarding "core" American values?

Interestingly he won't use such harsh language to describe Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or Kim Jong-il but considers the Republicans (GOP) an enemy. Unbelievable.
He's so clean and articulate!:laughing:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
President Obama. Its President Obama as much as it hurts you to say it. Not Obama.
Yeah....and it's President Bush, not Bush, not GW.... :laughing:

Obama
Barry
Soetoro
Hussein
Barry Dunham
Barack
what ever....

He'll get respect when he earnes it.

Welcome to the News Room though. :cheers:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

It's more insidious than that. If you are a white middle aged-male or woman AND/OR you are a conservative, you are the 'enemy'. Barrimore (out of respect) sat through a few too many Irreverant Wright sermons. It's the anti-colonialist coming out in him.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's more insidious than that. If you are a white middle aged-male or woman AND/OR you are a conservative, you are the 'enemy'. Barrimore (out of respect) sat through a few too many Irreverant Wright sermons. It's the anti-colonialist coming out in him.
What a reprehensibly ignoble temperament for a commander-in-chief of a free world, imo.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Nice use of the English language ! Welcome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
President Obama. Its President Obama as much as it hurts you to say it. Not Obama.
Please also take note that I don't bother to capitalize his name either.:smack

Respect is earned.

Speaking of respect for barry - anyone catch the daily show??? barry is now "dude" lmao :rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Please also take note that I don't bother to capitalize his name either.:smack

Respect is earned.

Speaking of respect for barry - anyone catch the daily show??? barry is now "dude" lmao :rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:
Yes, I did. Lotsa sheeple in the audience. One thing he said which I thought went unnoticed was his explaination of the democrats shying away from their vote on health care reform. His words, "they are shying away from a 'bad vote'". I was like...bad slip. I noticed there was no teleprompter...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts