Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is true, Obama is even worse than I thought. And I thought he was very bad.

"The British newspaper The Telegraph has reported that part of the price which President Obama paid to get Russia to sign the START treaty, limiting nuclear arms, was revealing to the Russians the hitherto secret size of the British nuclear arsenal. This information came from the latest WikiLeaks documents.
To betray vital military secrets of this country's oldest, most steadfast and most powerful ally, behind the back of the British government, is something that should set off alarm bells. Following in the wake of earlier betrayals of prior American commitments to put a nuclear shield in Eastern Europe, and the undermining of Israel and calculated insults to its prime minister, this pattern raises serious, and perhaps almost unthinkable, questions about the Obama administration's foreign policy."

Link: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/02/08/undermining_allies_108805.html

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
U.S., U.K. Governments Dispute Report that U.S. Sold Out U.K. During START Negotiations -- Link.

Did Obama Sellout Britain To Russia On Sub Nukes? Nope, Says State Department-- Link.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Denial and rationalization comes off as a little CYA at this point. I'm sure more analysis will be made in the next few weeks and we will have a better idea if this is a big deal or not. Did you read the top comment under the article you posted? (Screen name WhatThe) It's a fairly lengthy analysis of the wording. Someone is very knowledgable of the treaties mentioned and says it's not as benign as these spokespersons would have you believe.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Britain is just ashamed:

While the US and Russia have long permitted inspections of each other’s nuclear weapons, Britain has sought to maintain some secrecy to compensate for the relatively small size of its arsenal.
:rolling::rolling:

Quote from the Telegraph article.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Maybe Obama gave Medvedev an Ipod with the secrets encrypted within his speeches. We know how found he is of giving these preloaded IPods... to world leaders.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
If this is true, Obama is even worse than I thought. And I thought he was very bad.

"The British newspaper The Telegraph has reported that part of the price which President Obama paid to get Russia to sign the START treaty, limiting nuclear arms, was revealing to the Russians the hitherto secret size of the British nuclear arsenal. This information came from the latest WikiLeaks documents.

Imagine that... Obama being unravled by the very organization his left-winged supporters champion. :nuts:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Let's assume Obama did tell Russia.

Are we assuming he told Russia the truth?

How would anyone know?

:huh:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Let's assume Obama did tell Russia.

Are we assuming he told Russia the truth?

How would anyone know?

:huh:
Excuse me, but we are trying to hijack this thread into a discussion of having bouncing boobies in an avatar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts