Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More pussification of the English Language this week. :rolleyes:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2010/10/obama_signs_rosas_law_mental_r.html

Obama signs "Rosa's Law;" "mental retardation" out, "intellectual disability" in
By Lynn Sweeton October 5, 2010 1:32 PM | Permalink | Comments (17)
WASHINGTON--President Obama signed a law Tuesday mandating Federal statutes will no longer use the term "mental retardation;" the replacement phrase is "intellectual disability."

Economy a mess?.....Foreign affairs???? Oil prices on the rise again??? Who cares! Don't call him a retard or moron though! :spanked:

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
He's a.......

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Obama sounds Mentally Challenged lol

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
"mental retardation" isn't proper english anyway, it's about time someone ordered you cowboys to speak appropriately by law.

So suck it up and speak correctly, that way he can focus on more important topics.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
This law is a sad commentary on what our national legislature has become. How many man hour of writing, commity discussion, floor discussion, and voting were basically wasted to correct what is basically verbage in federal statutes with out affecting the statutes at all.

It does nothing except make a few legislators and lobbyists feel like they did something. Doesn't anyone think the time spent making this law could have been better spent adressing crumbling infrastructure, unemployment, border security, education, or any other of a myriad of issues.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"mental retardation" isn't proper english anyway, it's about time someone ordered you cowboys to speak appropriately by law.

So suck it up and speak correctly, that way he can focus on more important topics.
This from a French guy! :lookinup:
:D

It was until the "progressives" wet their panties over it and had to change the wording to a more "soft" version to not offend. :laughing: Retarded was not an offensive word a couple decades ago, this is my point.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
It does nothing except make a few legislators and lobbyists feel like they did something. Doesn't anyone think the time spent making this law could have been better spent adressing crumbling infrastructure, unemployment, border security, education, or any other of a myriad of issues.
This requires competent and able people, just about anyone can craft a law to say that "mental retardation" is incorrect, please use intellectual disability.

Just a thought,

Cedric

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This requires competent and able people, just about anyone can craft a law to say that "mental retardation" is incorrect, please use intellectual disability.

Just a thought,

Cedric
So your saying any retard could write a law to say that "mental retardation" is incorrect?
Any retard could sign it into law also.
:agree:

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
So does this mean that when I put turbos on my 'vette I have to "intellectually disable" the timing????:huh:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So does this mean that when I put turbos on my 'vette I have to "intellectually disable" the timing????:huh:
If your explaining it to a liberal......then Yes. :thumbsup:

:rolling:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts