·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
:laughing: Oh, the Drama....

In two years the " fickle " independent voters will swing back the other direction, and Obama and the Dems will be back in power...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
In two years the " fickle " independent voters will swing back the other direction, and Obama and the Dems will be back in power...
A few Dems might, Obama won't.

The American public is on to him now.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts

A lot of water has to go under the bridge before we can say that. Independents don't just flip for no reason. They will have to be driven back to the Dems. I don't put it past the Pubs to do that, but we will have to see how the next 14 months or so shake out. :cheers:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

You didn't find his remarks appalling ? He stated in no uncertain terms... that he has no regard for the citizens voices. He will rule as he see's fit... based upon the minorities will.

There is a dictator in the white house. A coup has been perpetrated upon this country.

This is the belief system of the man you idolize...

i·dol·ize
1. To regard with blind admiration or devotion.
2. To worship as an idol.

Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals is the last book written by community organizer Saul D. Alinsky before his death in 1972. Published in 1971, it was Alinsky's attempt to impart his theory and methods of organizing to the current generation of young activists, largely drawing upon his own experiences.

The book opens with a mention of Lucifer reading:

Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.

Continuing in the prologue Alinsky writes:

What I have to say in this book is not the arrogance of unsolicited advice. It is the experience and counsel that so many young people have questioned me about through all-night sessions on hundreds of campuses in America. It is for those young radicals who are committed to the fight, committed to life."

In the first chapter's opening paragraph, Alinsky writes, "What follows is for those who want to change the world from what it is to what they believe it should be. The Prince was written by Machiavelli for the Haves on how to hold power. Rules for Radicals is written for the Have-Nots on how to take it away."

Outlining his strategy in organizing, Alinsky writes:

There's another reason for working inside the system. Dostoevski said that taking a new step is what people fear most. Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and change the future. This acceptance is the reformation essential to any revolution. To bring on this reformation requires that the organizer work inside the system, among not only the middle class but the 40 per cent of American families – more than seventy million people – whose income range from $5,000 to $10,000 a year [in 1971]. They cannot be dismissed by labeling them blue collar or hard hat. They will not continue to be relatively passive and slightly challenging. If we fail to communicate with them, if we don't encourage them to form alliances with us, they will move to the right. Maybe they will anyway, but let's not let it happen by default.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
A lot of water has to go under the bridge before we can say that. Independents don't just flip for no reason. They will have to be driven back to the Dems. I don't put it past the Pubs to do that, but we will have to see how the next 14 months or so shake out. :cheers:
:agree:

Lets just hope that all the A-Holes involved, on both sides, put down their Egos and try to help the friggin' Country.

I am so tired of all of Washington politicians...:thud:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
You didn't find his remarks appalling ? He stated in no uncertain terms... that he has no regard for the citizens voices. He will rule as he see's fit... based upon the minorities will.

There is a dictator in the white house. A coup has been perpetrated upon this country.

This is the belief system of the man you idolize...

Please..Idolize..I think you overstate my position..I try to have an open mind, and listen to all arguments.I believe " coup " is a little over the top..

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lets look at the definition... shall we...

Typically, a coup d'état uses the extant government's power to assume political control of the country. In Coup d'État: A Practical Handbook, military historian Edward Luttwak says, "A coup consists of the infiltration of a small, but critical, segment of the state apparatus, which is then used to displace the government from its control of the remainder", thus, armed force (either military or paramilitary) is not a defining feature of a coup d'état.
The people have spoken loud and in a clear message... to this steward of our country. He is to govern from a position by the people... for the people. -Not... as he see's fit ! (regardless of your personal belief)

That recording states his intent to do the opposite. Is that not a coup... based upon the definition ?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
:agree:

Lets just hope that all the A-Holes involved, on both sides, put down their Egos and try to help the friggin' Country.

I am so tired of all of Washington politicians...:thud:
I'm with you. Healthcare is going to be the big issue over the next several months. I believe there aways was a consensus that SOMETHING needed to be done. But this monstrosity was passed with no debate, no counsel with the opposition, and without the public getting to see the bill before it was passed and have time to give feedback to their congresspersons. It really was a shameful example of party politics and needs to be completely revisited and worked through until some measure of bipartisan consensus can be reached. I know both parties have pushed pet bills through in shady ways before, but this is not just any bill. It affects every single American from birth to death and puts government in charge of 1/6 of the entire economy. That is no area to be working above the will of the majority. I hope the Dems will recognize the damage this has done to their party and be willing to voluntarily open it up for a second look.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Lets look at the definition... shall we...

The people have spoken loud and in a clear message... to this steward of our country. He is to govern from a position by the people... for the people. -Not... as he see's fit ! (regardless of your personal belief)

That recording states his intent to do the opposite. Is that not a coup... based upon the definition ?
After seeing exit poll questions being answered by the " people ", I don't think they have spoken clearly on the issues.If the economy was in better shape, this election cycle would never have happened.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I disagree with that notion. This was a referendum upon the growth, size, scope and over reach of the government over the last two years... the growing unemployment and lack of jobs -are the outcome of those policies. THIS... was what this election was about ! MILLIONS came out to protest... MILLIONS... -and they voted based upon those protests with the very same message.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I disagree with that notion. This was a referendum upon the growth, size, scope and over reach of the government over the last two years... the growing unemployment and lack of jobs -are the outcome of those policies. THIS... was what this election was about ! MILLIONS came out to protest... MILLIONS... -and they voted based upon those protests with the very same message.
According to the polls,the voters were older and whiter.Fear played a big hand in this election.

Hey, in two years, they can vote Obama out. Until then, he is President, voted in by the " People ".

·
Registered
7,962 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
According to the polls,the voters were older and whiter.Fear played a big hand in this election.

Hey, in two years, they can vote Obama out. Until then, he is President, voted in by the " People ".

To govern by the peoples message... not upon his own !

You can attempt to dismiss or minimize the outcome of the election as the elderly and fearful... but unless this country is solely populated by the elderly and fearful... the massive swing in governing ideologies -proves you incorrect and wanting for an explanation as to why that change took place with such an overwhelming MAJORITY...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts

What a dismissal of the voter's will! :down:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts