Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AP
Thinking reporters were out of the room, President Obama opened up Thursday night about the recent budget talks with Republicans and what he called their efforts to sneak in attacks on Planned Parenthood and his health care bill.

"I said (to Republicans), 'you want to repeal health care? Go at it,'" Obama told backers in a private meeting with an open microphone. "'We'll have that debate. You're not going to be able to do that by nickel-and-diming me in the budget.'"

He said he added: "'You think we're stupid?'"

Obama took questions from political donors after a press pool had been dismissed. But a microphone remained on, and Mark Knoller of CBS News took notes.

In what amounted to his most extended remarks on talks with House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and others, Obama said he protested GOP efforts to add items to the budget bill under discussion.

That included efforts to cut federal funding for Planned Parenthood.

"Put it in a separate bill," Obama said he told Boehner and his staff. "We'll call it up. And if you think you can overturn my veto, try it. But don't try to sneak this through."

Obama also had some choice words for Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., who chairs the House Budget Committee:

"When Paul Ryan says his priority is to make sure, he's just being America's accountant ... This is the same guy that voted for two wars that were unpaid for, voted for the Bush tax cuts that were unpaid for, voted for the prescription drug bill that cost as much as my health care bill -- but wasn't paid for ... So it's not on the level."

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...lasts-gop-on-health-care-planned-parenthood/1

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I guess my response to Obama would be, Go ahead.... make our day. Just keep pushing for higher taxes and cuts to medicare and medicaid. We'll see you in 2012. :nuts:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Both parties think the voters are stupid. And maybe they are right.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I'd say they are right. 9 out of 10 "voters" couldn't tell you who the VP is I bet.

Speaking of whom....did anybody see him sleeping through Barry's budget speach the other day? :laughing:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
CNN said he was just thinking!:laughing::crazy:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I guess my response to Obama would be, Go ahead.... make our day. Just keep pushing for higher taxes and cuts to medicare and medicaid. We'll see you in 2012. :nuts:
Wait, Im confused. Are you bashing Obama for cutting Medicare and Medicaid? Have you read anything about Ryan's bill? Obama is fighting for the continued existance of these programs.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Wait, Im confused. Are you bashing Obama for cutting Medicare and Medicaid? Have you read anything about Ryan's bill? Obama is fighting for the continued existance of these programs.
:laughing: The completely mindless **** posted around here is astonishing. Bush spent years trying to cut medicare, Ryan is after medicare now, and the "Offense" budget is a huge part of what's killing us.

And I am the crazy one for highlighting the real, immediate problems.

:crazy:

·
Registered
61 Posts
When it comes to the budget mess in Washington, just remember this: Many of these people are the same clowns that can't balance their own checkbook. They don't have a clue. They DO think we (the people) are stupid.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait, Im confused. Are you bashing Obama for cutting Medicare and Medicaid? Have you read anything about Ryan's bill? Obama is fighting for the continued existence of these programs.
Yeah ? -you think so ? Whats Ryan after... and what is Obama fighting to continue ? Answering the first question, will awake you to the second.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I love every bit of it. Politicians should all be on open mic so we all know what is really said and what is really going on, not just what their second face says when the cameras are rolling.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Yeah ? -you think so ? Whats Ryan after... and what is Obama fighting to continue ? Answering the first question, will awake you to the second.
The answer to the first question:
A budget surplus in 2040?
The resulting budget deficits under the proposal would be around 2 percent of GDP
in the 2020s and would decline during the 2030s. The budget would be in surplus by
and show growing surpluses in the following decade. Federal debt would equal
about 48 percent of GDP by 2040 and 10 percent by 2050.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
:laughing: The completely mindless **** posted around here is astonishing. Bush spent years trying to cut medicare, Ryan is after medicare now, and the "Offense" budget is a huge part of what's killing us.

And I am the crazy one for highlighting the real, immediate problems.

:crazy:
:agree::laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The answer to the first question:
A budget surplus in 2040?
Whats Obama fighting to save, then ? -Nothing! It's a policy maneuver... Obama wants to incorporate medicare and Medicaid in to Obama care... thereby creating a right to service and a protection for Obama care (SS will be incorporated later). He's not fighting to protect anything. He changes both, more -then Ryan's plan could ever hope to.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
:laughing: Again, do any of you realize what the debt payments alone will be in 2 years? :crazy:

You guys are talking about the deck chairs, while the ship sinks..

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So... it's lock and load time ? Time to start growing our own vegetables in the back yard ? Should we start burning our flags ? Or... we could simply audit the fed. That will right us real quick.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
So... it's lock and load time ? Time to start growing our own vegetables in the back yard ? Should we start burning our flags ? Or... we could simply audit the fed. That will right us real quick.
:laughing: No, I think you are doing the right thing, already...

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
You guys are talking about the deck chairs, while the ship sinks..
Well, when the rich are hogging all of the life boats for themselves when there is plenty of room for the rest of us, then yeah. If I am going to die, I'd like to sit in their deck chair while I do it.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Statistically they are right. The average Amreican is more concerned with who is ahead on Amrican Idol, and who's ass Jack Baurer is going to kick next. They want bipartisanship only because it keep thoughts of the government from interupting Dancing with the Stars

1 - 20 of 45 Posts