Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BOSTON — President Barack Obama’s father was forced to leave Harvard University before completing his Ph.D. in economics because the school was concerned about his personal life and finances, according to newly public immigration records.

Harvard had asked the Immigration and Naturalization Service to delay a request by Barack Hussein Obama Sr. to extend his stay in the U.S., “until they decided what action they could take in order to get rid of him,” immigration official M.F. McKeon wrote in a June 1964 memo.

Harvard administrators, the memo stated, “were having difficulty with his financial arrangements and couldn’t seem to figure out how many wives he had.”

An earlier INS memo from McKeon said that while the elder Obama had passed his exams and was entitled on academic grounds to stay and complete his thesis, the school was going to try and “cook something up to ease him out.”

“They are planning on telling him that they will not give him any money, and that he had better return to Kenya and prepare his thesis at home,” the memo stated.

In May 1964, David D. Henry, director of Harvard’s international office, wrote to Obama to say that, while he had completed his formal course work, the economics department and the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences didn’t have the money to support him.

“We have, therefore, come to the conclusion that you should terminate your stay in the United States and return to Kenya to carry on your research and the writing of your thesis,” Henry’s letter stated.

Obama’s request for an extended stay was denied by the INS. He left Harvard and - divorced from president’s mother - returned to his native Kenya in July 1964. He did not complete his Ph.D.

The immigration memos, contained in the elder Obama’s Immigration and Naturalization file, were given to a Boston Globe reporter in 2009 through a Freedom of Information request. The papers were first made public Wednesday by The Arizona Independent, a weekly newspaper. The Associated Press obtained copies of them on Friday.

Harvard issued a statement Friday saying that it could not find in its own records anything to support the accounts given in the INS memos.

“While we cannot verify accounts of conversations that occurred nearly 50 years ago, a review of our existing files did not find any support for either the language or the implied intent described by the U.S. government official in the government documents,” the statement read.

When Obama was attending Harvard, the school faced serious constraints in financing research by international graduate students, the university also said.

Department of Homeland Security spokesman Matt Chandler declined to comment Friday, saying the department does not comment on specific immigration cases.

Concerns about Obama’s personal life while he had been studying in the U.S. had been raised previously, according to the INS documents.

In 1961, while he was an undergraduate student at the University of Hawaii, the school’s foreign student adviser called an immigration official and said Obama had recently married StanleyAnn Dunham - the president’s mother - despite already having a wife in Kenya.

According to a memo written by an INS official in Honolulu, the adviser said Obama had been “running around with several girls since he first arrived here and last summer she cautioned him about his playboy ways.”

Obama told the adviser that he had divorced his wife in Kenya.

He told the president’s mother the same thing, though she would later learn it was a lie.

Obama worked for an oil company and as a government economist after returning to Africa, but his personal and professional life would later deteriorate. He died in a car crash in 1982, when the future president was 21 and a student at Columbia University.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53968.html#ixzz1L2y5ClGr

Damn, how many little Barry's could be running around? :laughing:

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
This might be mildly interesting from the standpoint that knowing the family history of the President, much like knowing that Bill Clinton came from a dysfunctional family, and GW Bush came from wealth and privilege, helps provide an insight into the philosophy and reasoning behind a President's positions.

However, with respect to Obama as President, this is completely immaterial to me.

I don't care about his momma.

I don't care about his daddy.

I don't care about his grades or many other things which are purely personal. They may influence the kind of man he is, but there was plenty of that information available about him long before he was elected President.

I DO care about his stupid theories on how best to govern, and the relationship between the citizenry and the government. His ideas, if put into practice like he apparently wants, will lead to significantly slower economic growth in both the short term and the long term.

He knew what problems were facing the country when he got the job. Yet he persists in looking for 'boogey men' by calling attention to and blaming 'the evil rich, the banks, Wall Street, and oil companies' for our economic ills, and is CLEARLY not interested in finding real solutions that will encourage abundant energy (at a reasonable price), encourage economic growth through expansion of the private sector, and encourage long term investment that will provide the infrastructure we need for both education and economic success.

THAT'S what I care about.

The birth certificate, college records, and other crap is just that - crap. Barry and his political advisors are pleased to no end that many Republicans, conservatives, and libertarians are focused on non-issues instead of the real issues.

Steven

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
The law is the law. Period.
Too many politicians think they are above the law of the land.
If BHO is a natural born citizen, fine.
I want to see his draft registration. Failure to register is a felony. Is today, Was back then, too.
I do not think there is any evidence that he ever registered.
Why?
He was claiming foreign exchange student status. He had an Indonesian citizenship. That is a fact.
As a foreign student, he was not required to register, and he could legally accept money for school as a foreigner.
If he was a natural born US citizen, then, accepting money was fraud.
So, which is it? Did he fail to register? A felony. Did he accept money as a foreign exchange student. Fraud.
It cannot be both.
This man is dirty. Where he got the dirt is inconsequential. Either way, it is illegal for him to vote or hold office.
It’s the law!

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I want to see his draft registration. Failure to register is a felony. Is today, Was back then, too.
Why?
He was claiming foreign exchange student status. He had an Indonesian citizenship. That is a fact.
As a foreign student, he was not required to register, and he could legally accept money for school as a foreigner.
So, which is it? Did he fail to register? A felony. Did he accept money as a foreign exchange student. Fraud.
It cannot be both.
This man is dirty. Where he got the dirt is inconsequential. Either way, it is illegal for him to vote or hold office.
It’s the law!
He IS a natural born citizen of the United States. His birth certificate demonstrates he was born in Hawaii.

Additionally, and more importantly, his MOTHER was a US Citizen. That alone makes him a US citizen, and meets the eligibility requirements of the US Constitution.

With regard to his Selective Service requirement, a very few minutes of research would reveal that he also duly fulfilled his obligation to register. According to the Selective Service administration, he registered at a post office in Hawaii. The effective registration date was September 4, 1980, and his registration number is 61-1125539-1.

Stop wasting your time on distractions, and focus on the important issues facing the nation. If we fire Obama in 2012, then NONE OF THIS MATTERS. On the other hand, as long as we continue to feed the distractions, then more than likely we'll get to 'enjoy' four more years of this amateur.

Focusing on his Selective Service record is about as asinine as the whiney liberals who kept crying about GW Bush's Air Force reserve record - IT DIDN'T MATTER, and GW Bush and Karl Rove were laughing at the large number of stupid liberals who were watching the distraction. Don't fall for the same ploy - the Democrats have learned, and they WANT you to focus on this BS.

Steven

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
What I care about:

Entry Game Plan
Entry Fund Supporters
History of Fulfilling Game Plan
Current Game Plan
Ability to Identify Root Problems
Ability To Improvise
Ability to take Corrective Action

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Why?
It cannot be both.
It’s the law!
His draft card was released long ago and the right wingers tried to attack it as a fake, like all of his documents. That is the endless right wing drum against this black guy whose father was not born here. It is too much for them to allow a half-breed half-American to run 'their' country.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Ah those "evil rich". $1.7M, not bad...
Yes it is.
It's disgusting.

to deal with all this country's racist, pissy, baby, crying, finger pointing, gun mongering, selfish, tin foil hat........Garbage....

**** that 1.7m

Palin makes that in one smear n fear sitting per month to egg on the old, fat, racist, hypocritical, retiree, leg humpers.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
yeah.

what?

waitaminute.....

What reserve record?:huh:
:D
Now that you're here to post serious questions and add to the thread, I'll step out.

Thanks for contributing.

Steven

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With regard to his Selective Service requirement, a very few minutes of research would reveal that he also duly fulfilled his obligation to register. According to the Selective Service administration, he registered at a post office in Hawaii. The effective registration date was September 4, 1980, and his registration number is 61-1125539-1.
Steven
One problem Steven.. according to Barack, he was attending Occidental College in LA on September 4th, 1980. :laughing: There are a couple of other anomalies with the form as well..

:huh:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
One problem Steven.. according to Barack, he was attending Occidental College in LA on September 4th, 1980. :laughing: There are a couple of other anomalies with the form as well..

:huh:
I mailed mine in. Location means nothing. Hell, a friend filled his out, forgot to mail it, and had his roomie drop his off at the post office while my friend was in Mexico. What of it?

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I mailed mine in. Location means nothing. Hell, a friend filled his out, forgot to mail it, and had his roomie drop his off at the post office while my friend was in Mexico. What of it?
Verified on July 29th, 1980, in Hawaii... just saying. :huh: Unless you propose, he filled it out in California, mailed it to Hawaii, got it stamped, then the post office mailed it to the Selective Service System... which I am not familiar enough with the process to say either way. But I think it would make more sense to use the post office by the campus, as opposed to mailing it back to Hawaii...

And they are all mailed in... to Selective Service System, not the local post office. :huh:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Verified on July 29th, 1980, in Hawaii... just saying. :huh: Unless you propose, he filled it out in California, mailed it to Hawaii, got it stamped, then the post office mailed it to the Selective Service System... which I am not familiar enough with the process to say either way. But I think it would make more sense to use the post office by the campus, as opposed to mailing it back to Hawaii...

And they are all mailed in... to Selective Service System, not the local post office. :huh:
To further illustrate the point:
He filled it out on July 30, 1980. Effective registration date of Sept 4, 1980 doesn't mean anything other than that is the day the SS processed it. That leaves roughly a 30 day window that he mailed it.

The SS naysayers are being dumb, again.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To further illustrate the point:
He filled it out on July 30, 1980. Effective registration date of Sept 4, 1980 doesn't mean anything other than that is the day the SS processed it. That leaves roughly a 30 day window that he mailed it.

The SS naysayers are being dumb, again.
I guess you missed the date stamp in the bottom right hand corner... :lookinup:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I guess you missed the date stamp in the bottom right hand corner... :lookinup:
Odd...

That means he mailed it in late July, and further throws 'duh' on the September 4 idiots.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Odd...

That means he mailed it in late July, and further throws 'duh' on the September 4 idiots.
September 4th is the date it was entered into the SSS.. IDK, just some more weirdness surrounding this guy. I mean, why spend so much money keeping things sealed? The guy has great credentials and should be proud to show them..but $1.5 million later, he's still fighting against the "openness" he promised. :huh:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
September 4th is the date it was entered into the SSS.. IDK, just some more weirdness surrounding this guy. I mean, why spend so much money keeping things sealed? The guy has great credentials and should be proud to show them..but $1.5 million later, he's still fighting against the "openness" he promised. :huh:
Defend the good and just records as a red herring to something else that would be dug up if they were released? Like the federal protection from his father that I alluded to in our PMs. He seems to have been protected by the government his whole life from someone, probably his dad.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts