Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been getting a winding noise coming from the trans and rear end. I only hear the noise when im driving at reg speed or excellerating. Its not tire noise Im hearing. Is this a common problem? Could it be low on gear oil?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
First, welcome to the forum. You should introduce yourself. :buhbye:

Could the car be low on gear oil? Sure it could. Anything is possible but the question is, have you checked the differential? The car has to be in the air and level to do so. Do you know how? That would be step one. Eliminate the easy to diagnose problems first. Also, it could be the fuel pump that you hear. It whines too and the pitch changes with your speeds. Last of all, it may be a wheel bearing.

One thing that you need to do is edit your profile to include the year and car you have. This will assist folks who are trying to assist you. ;)

·
Registered
428 Posts
First, welcome to the forum. You should introduce yourself. :buhbye:

Could the car be low on gear oil? Sure it could. Anything is possible but the question is, have you checked it? The car has to be in the air and level to do so. Do you know how? That is step one so that you can eliminate the easy to check problems first. Also, it could be the fuel pump that you hear. It winds too and the pitch changes with your speeds. Last of all, it may be a wheel barring.

One thing that you need to do is edit your profile to include the year and car you have. This will assist folks who are trying to assist you. ;)
Hey junkman... were you drinking when you wrote this???:cheers: lol!!!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Any spots on the ground where you park? Sometimes peoe own their car for a while before they notice the "whine" of the rear mounted trans. Not saying thats your case.... Just saying . :)

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Hey junkman... were you drinking when you wrote this???:cheers: lol!!!
:laughing:

Nah, it was 4:27 AM and I was on my way to the bathroom. I have got to quit answering questions that early! I guess I'll go fix my grammar!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts