Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal before rebuilding the suspension car sat dead level left to right. After doing removing the front pivots leaving only the shims to keep from going too low up from car site too high on the front right making the left rear too low. Tried a few combinations on the rear spring to no avail so its got to be in the front. What can I do to level this out?

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
Ok heres the deal before rebuilding the suspension car sat dead level left to right. After doing removing the front pivots leaving only the shims to keep from going too low up from car site too high on the front right making the left rear too low. Tried a few combinations on the rear spring to no avail so its got to be in the front. What can I do to level this out?
So you removed the front pivots and it sits too high in the front on the passenger side?

C4 suspension always sits high initially after it's been on jacks or first put back together (shocks). Easiest thing is to try to get it to settle first, put some miles on it. Got a speed bump close by? Anything to get the suspension to settle.

If there's still no change, worth removing the front spring again to inspect it and double check that the shims are equal on each side of the front, and that nothing else is in the way or possibly altering how the spring lays. When I rebuilt my front suspension I found the front spring had a major crack in it. I had no clue.

·
Registered
414 Posts
So you removed the front pivots and it sits too high in the front on the passenger side?

C4 suspension always sits high initially after it's been on jacks or first put back together (shocks). Easiest thing is to try to get it to settle first, put some miles on it. Got a speed bump close by? Anything to get the suspension to settle.

If there's still no change, worth removing the front spring again to inspect it and double check that the shims are equal on each side of the front, and that nothing else is in the way or possibly altering how the spring lays. When I rebuilt my front suspension I found the front spring had a major crack in it. I had no clue.
:agree:

when i rebuilt the rear end of my car it sat funky, put a few miles on it and hit a pothole and it straightened out!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping not to have to yank the spring but it seems its the only option. Already put quite a few miles on it even a few potholes so I guesvthe spring might be damaged or sitting odd somehow.

·
Registered
414 Posts
check to make sure where it bolts in that nothings in the way. and make sure the bolt holes arent wallored out.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

Set the car up on ramps in the front loosened the spring bolts messed around with some other stuff for a few minutes bolted it all back together and it seems much better now. Think I should loosen the bolts again and move the car around?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
also double check how the front sway bar links look. see if they are binding or broken.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Update/finale to this mess

links and whatnot were good but now understand why the 30 mm sway bar didn't want to fit. Seems it will only be fully resolved when the front height is set a bit higher to where it should be.

Just got tired of messing with this put the stock pivots back in minus the extra shim and it now sits perfectly at 27F/27.25R. Now the 30mm sway bar still didn't want to fit without modifying the end links but its done and now finally have my suspension done. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts