Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Parts in Yesterday. There was a little more wait than expected but i have to say that the craftsmanship is outstanding. Definatly worth the upgrade if you want your Vette to look different than the rest. Very well Recomended. I will post pics of the install when finished.

·
Registered
546 Posts
congrats and i will ask for everyone else....how much?

never really been a fan of carbon fiber

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
I spent just over 900.00 Shipped. for all the parts and you have to send back your old parts.
wow, that's really expensive. Don't get me wrong, they look nice, but I gotta say, $900 for a photo finsih is pretty steep. Real carbon fiber can be had for about the same cost.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I priced it out, nowhere near the same price for the same parts i got. You should check for yourself.

·
Registered
546 Posts
$900!!!!! f' that

for $20 paint match them yourself and in my opinion look alot better

carbon fiber is ricey.... my .02

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
looks badass man, i think for certain things CF adds a racey (not ricey) looks especially at that sort of craftsmanship. its ricy IMO if it looks like you had to put it on with elmers glue and you have the residue all around. + those are replacements to the stock, and not covers a definate :up: in my book.

hey POACHR, ill prolly take apart my interior and repaint it flat black next year or so, what color where you thinking?

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
$900!!!!! f' that... ...carbon fiber is ricey.... my .02
I disagree. These pieces look great, not 'ricey' at all. In my opinion, exactly the opposite, they bring some nice sport to the interior. The C5/6 interior scheme can be pretty bland in stock form. These are gonna look cool with that Orange exterior. I just think the price is a tad steep. Get us some pics when you get em installed:thumbsup:

·
Registered
546 Posts
looks badass man, i think for certain things CF adds a racey (not ricey) looks especially at that sort of craftsmanship. its ricy IMO if it looks like you had to put it on with elmers glue and you have the residue all around. + those are replacements to the stock, and not covers a definate :up: in my book.

hey POACHR, ill prolly take apart my interior and repaint it flat black next year or so, what color where you thinking?
well i am selling me car to a buddy and getting an 08' atomic orange so depending on the interior color...most likely keep it the same, as orange i dont think would look that good and black would show fingerprints to much....i guess that is why you will be doing yours in "flat" black (no gloss)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Why is it not possible to get CF *replacement* parts, rather than it being a cover for the original part. Seems like a waste considering the weight savings that could be had by *replacing* the original bits.

Or am I mistaken and this is what happens?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Why is it not possible to get CF *replacement* parts, rather than it being a cover for the original part. Seems like a waste considering the weight savings that could be had by *replacing* the original bits.

Or am I mistaken and this is what happens?
how much weight exactly are you expecting to save?

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
well i am selling me car to a buddy and getting an 08' atomic orange so depending on the interior color...most likely keep it the same, as orange i dont think would look that good and black would show fingerprints to much....i guess that is why you will be doing yours in "flat" black (no gloss)
Check out this interior.
LPE Z06 w Custom Interior

:cheers:

·
Registered
546 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know Carbon Fiber is not for everyone. There are many opinions on in and where it would look good. As for price, I will purchase whatever i want. I work for it and make the money so i purchased it because i like it myself. I didnt post this Because I care if you think its too much money for this process or for you to tell me i should have painted them the color of my car. With all do respect i posted this to commend the labor performed for being High quiality and if anyone was interested in this process for thier car, i would recomend it. Let them worry about what it costs them.

Thanks for your comments and compliments!

RoB

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Check out this interior.

Now that should satisfy the "The Corvette has a cheap lookin interior" crowd.

Looks like a Bentley interior or something...

Not sure if I like or dislike... Then again interiors have never been my only reason for liking a car.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Check out this interior.

eh--it reminds me of when people where a black belt with brown shoes or the other way around--i'm not sayin that the interior isnt nice--i just dont think it goes with the black exterior

i really like the carbon fiber in rob20rx7's car:thumbsup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please Note!!

Just wanted to Clarify, The actual price paid for the parts was just over 500.00 but there is a 400.00 core charge for when i return my existing parts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts