Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
8,532 Posts
Just wanted to Clarify, The actual price paid for the parts was just over 500.00 but there is a 400.00 core charge for when i return my existing parts.
Now that sounds better, much fairer.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
911 Posts
eh--it reminds me of when people where a black belt with brown shoes or the other way around--i'm not sayin that the interior isnt nice--i just dont think it goes with the black exterior
Totally agree. That interior is KILLER, but looks bad with the black car. I would love to have an interior like that, but would definitely go with like a slate grey, or another brighter color. Dig the wood though:thumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
hey POACHR, ill prolly take apart my interior and repaint it flat black next year or so, what color where you thinking?
Did my C6 Console and Gauge Cluster in Flat/Satin Black last month. I think it looks much better than the stock Machine Silver. Really a relatively easy process, and I didn't even enlist the help of "Hey...it's no big deal. I've had my entire interior on the garage floor numerous times (Sheriff)." :smack

The tedious part is disconnecting all the electrical connections. Tight fit around the Guage Cluster.

Check out My Corvette Photo's for a look.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Seem I am from the old school, I like chrome wheels and wood grain. That interior on the LPE car in black would be amazing! I almost debated doing a wood kit on my C5 but if I get a C6 would like to do something like that:partyon:

·
Registered
29 Posts
For some reason the wood in a Z06 seems a little out of place. Maybe if the interior is insulated so it is very quiet it would seem like a super fast luxury car; maybe something British. The carbon fiber is way cool, though.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Let's get er done and see some pic's:thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
looks badass man, i think for certain things CF adds a racey (not ricey) looks especially at that sort of craftsmanship. its ricy IMO if it looks like you had to put it on with elmers glue and you have the residue all around. + those are replacements to the stock, and not covers a definate :up: in my book.

hey POACHR, ill prolly take apart my interior and repaint it flat black next year or so, what color where you thinking?
:agree:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Why is it not possible to get CF *replacement* parts, rather than it being a cover for the original part. Seems like a waste considering the weight savings that could be had by *replacing* the original bits.

Or am I mistaken and this is what happens?
Because it would be even more expensive than APSIS products. It would be very labor intensive and cost prohibitive as most would not spend that much for a cosmetic upgrade with very minimal weight savings for these small pieces. Now hoods, fenders, roofs, etc. is another story and may be worth it for many.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.