Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went time trial racing and came unstuck at the end of the straight doing about 120mph with my wife in the vette! looks like she will never come out racing with me again:rolling:
On the previous session another car dumped a lot of fuel on the track for 3 laps before the marshals stopped him! So I went out and slipped on it when changing back to 3rd!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Wasn't too bad.

Thanks

·
DC Crew
3,083 Posts
it is the new hood safety speed brake like the ones made for NASCAR to keep it from flipping :laughing:

MAN GLAD YOU DID NOT DO ANY DAMAGE * TO ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING C3 AROUND ***

JIM

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Honey, will you get out and close the hood.

I pissed my pants & I think we're being filmed. :lookinup:

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why did your hood fly up? Was it not latched?
I have had trouble with the hood staying down lately and have tried to adjust the springs but still keeps popping open! PLUS I wasnt expecting/planning to spin around like that! I think it was closed but because being a bit weak it just flew open under pressure (backwards @ 120 will do it!). I'm thinking of getting hood pins and getting rid of the latches??

I bent the hood support so I have ordered a new one, I sheared off the hood locating pin and put a couple of paint chips on the hood but thats nothing compared to if I hit the tire wall, so I consider myself very lucky!:thumbsup:

I made my wife go out to shut the hood because I thought the track guy wouldnt yell at her:rolling: plus I was so far off the track that I thought getting out wouldnt be a problem:spanked:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
...but thats nothing compared to if I hit the tire wall, so I consider myself very lucky!:thumbsup:
you got that right. :laughing: Turns out walls and '69 'vettes don't mix well. Looks like you had plenty of runoff room though.

I made my wife go out to shut the hood because I thought the track guy wouldnt yell at her:rolling: plus I was so far off the track that I thought getting out wouldnt be a problem:spanked:
Looked like he gave you a pretty good earful. Just doing his job, really. It seems like you're way off the track until that next guy hits the same slick spot going 140...

Good to see that you're out putting that thing through its paces. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to see that you're out putting that thing through its paces. :thumbsup:
I hope to go to the track every few months, its taken me about a year and a half to work out why my fuel inj was running bad, turns out I had 2 faulty injectors from the beginning. who would have thought new injectors would be clogged inside, but now she's going very hard. I should get my race wheels soon so I'll be trying even harder!:partyon: or :crazy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts