Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Monday I'm leaving it at the body shop -
All the cracks removed, doors repaired, complete stip and paint. Fill the holes for the rear rack. New door handles and weather strips.

They say 2 months -

Back to Black - or original Burgandy??????

That interior color limits my outside options. Ox blood.

Seats are done, carpet done, new panels in.

Trans almost done - 200r4 and still thinking which engine to build.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,323 Posts
That's kind of a scary time but also excitng. Do you get visiting rights while it's away?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I gotta take progress pictures. I hate to loose it this time of the year - Spring- not to hot and not to cold for the topless driving.

The air is good, the breeze is good.

Should have it back in June.

So, black ghost flames????

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went down to check out the progress Saturday - 5-19
Man the stuff you don't see when the paint is on. I thought the hood was bad and had flat spots but it was the fender that was installed wrong from a hit at some time.

The other fender was separating under the front pan area. Patch work in the rear was coming apart - all is good now though. I went all over the car with the technican and found he is doing a beautiful job - I am very pleased so far. They wanted to go over everything before it gets paint.

I still have to order the door handles - weather strip and other little odds and ends to put it back together.

Anyone know where to get black Corvette letters for the rear instead of the chrome - and black door handles too.

I didn't take any pictures - forgot the camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.