2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well This beaut could use some cosmetic upgrades

I have a drop base right now, and maybe some other stuff If I find it

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I offer a free Photoshop..... that'll fix it.... :thumbsup:

oh BTW... wasn't he complaining about his brakes ? You have to conect that booster to engine vacuum, not just plug the hole ..... LOL

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
That looks like ****. :laughing:

You need an engine bay Overhaulin'.

But if it's fast, who cares what it looks like. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
That looks like ****. :laughing:

You need an engine bay Overhaulin'.

His name is "Turtlevette." I don't think he is the fastest in the pack. A good steam cleaning might drop his weight 10 lbs though.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
i appreciate the intervention guys but i like it.

it fits my personality perfectly.

my next step is to replace the block with the Rodeck one and hopfully stroke it to 434. I want to preserve all the rust and the stains from when the rad popped stop leak all over the engine compartment. I want it to look as ugly as possible so i can pop the hood and show people they just got their doors blown off by a piece of junk.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I got an envelope full of hot rod stickers & a roll of chromium duct tape I'll donate--ooh,ooh and some spiders for his tailites! Yeah!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I want to preserve all the rust and the stains from when the rad popped stop leak all over the engine compartment. I want it to look as ugly as possible so i can pop the hood and show people they just got their doors blown off by a piece of junk.
Great idea but connect that vacuum line to the brake booster.... cheaper than a Hydrobooster :thumbsup:

·
Registered
517 Posts
i appreciate the intervention guys but ....I want it to look as ugly as possible so i can pop the hood and show people they just got their doors blown off by a piece of junk.
I'm a lover of rat bikes & cars all my life. But one thing I learned early on is that a TRUE rat evolves, it is not created. A rat built to be such is a poser. A true rat comes about because the owner cares more about performance &/or roadability than appearance.
You, Turtle, are definately in the true rat league and thus worthy of great respect. But be careful--one can easily lose sight of the truth and fall to the dark side....A true rat is subtle, understated---and kicks ass.

Ya want the spiders at least?

John

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I'm a lover of rat bikes & cars all my life. But one thing I learned early on is that a TRUE rat evolves, it is not created. A rat built to be such is a poser. A true rat comes about because the owner cares more about performance &/or roadability than appearance.
You, Turtle, are definately in the true rat league and thus worthy of great respect. But be careful--one can easily lose sight of the truth and fall to the dark side....A true rat is subtle, understated---and kicks ass.

John
Would it be wise to draw attention to a "sleeper?" Jim does like the lights though.:D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well that's true--rats & sleepers are of the same genre....Sleepers tend to just look stock & innocent, whereas rats look like ****. I guess I could not make the distinction without meeting in person. Not that it matters that much.
I just like spouting profound sounding bullshit in such a manner as to make myself sound like some kind o' pro-phukin-fessor! :laughing:

John

·
Registered
966 Posts
It needs at least two or three more alternators. You can NEVER have enough alternators. And make sure you clock them each differently. They must be in phase but not synchronized. ;) :thumbsup: :laughing:
And it damn sure better have a complete set of SPYDER LIGHTS!!!

Dep

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It needs at least two or three more alternators. You can NEVER have enough alternators. And make sure you clock them each differently. They must be in phase but not synchronized. ;) :thumbsup: :laughing:

Dep
Sooooooooo! Will 3 alternators........be like, the same as...........
havin' 3 Phase current??????????? :huh: You could build a trailer and
tow a welder and compressor around behind the car kinda like that
Miller Bike on OCC. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

I do. I wouldn't have an engine bay like that. Even my daily driver 4x4 truck has a prettier engine bay.
Alot of time the looks also reflect the care that is taken in other areas

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
FYI, all automotive alts ARE 3 phase.....6 diodes in the main power stack, delta wound field/stator, and in case of SI GM series another 3 diodes in the positive going stack for regulator sense input only....

so in fact there are 9 diodes in a SI alternator...

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I do. I wouldn't have an engine bay like that. Even my daily driver 4x4 truck has a prettier engine bay.
Alot of time the looks also reflect the care that is taken in other areas
I"m sure they ragging his butt there....and yes, but my vette is allways a work in progress, soon as I neaten something up, there it goes again another damn mess.....I don't do janitorial work very well....:smack

·
Registered
69 Posts
rats rule

John
There was a time when it was more important to me to get out there and ride rather then clean and polish, and my bike showed it, went two or three years without cleaning anything except for the treads on the tires, the bike showed a lot of personality, so much so that when we rode people would take pictures of it and wonder what year it was and how many miles it had on it, this was from John Q. public, if it was parked outside of my favorite (of many) watering hole I'd always see Mr. & Mrs. tourist posing next to it with a camera in someones hand while the bike next to it was basically pristine, & ignored, pissed off my riding partners off to no end & after a while so much so that they started to get on my ass about it and why did I bother to even put the sidestand down? When my son was old enough to realize what it was and how much fun it was to be taken for a ride he asked me very seriously as only a 4 yr. old can , "why is your motorcycle so yucky Dad" So leave it as it is Turtle it's got class and personality, I've never heard you say it was a beauty queen, even tho it is,,,Peace, Moosie:buhbye:

·
Registered
966 Posts
I dunno...I am just suggesting it because an "expert" on the issue said he installed two alternators to help power all his stereo crapola. Personally, I am installing a switch on my car to cut OFF the alternator while making 1/4 miles runs. Less drag on the engine ;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts