Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first vette was a 78 that I restored and modified. 2 years, countless hours and lots of $$$ later I had a real sweet ride. :thumbsup: That was 12 years ago. Well, yesterday a friend of mine called me up and said he had run across her and he would send pictures. Well...ahhhhh :WTF - she was in a junkyard stripped! It was so depressing. No motor, hood, tops, steering column, interior and rusted!! :( . I can't believe that she was toast. I asked him if the owner might consider selling her (so I could start over again) but he said that she was not for sale because he was using the parts to rebuild HIS vette. Should I be sad or happy that parts of her are helping other vettes?

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I'd be sad if someone just let it go. If it had been mortaly wounded, then I'd be happy it's helping another.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
My first vette was a 78 that I restored and modified. 2 years, countless hours and lots of $$$ later I had a real sweet ride. :thumbsup: That was 12 years ago. Well, yesterday a friend of mine called me up and said he had run across her and he would send pictures. Well...ahhhhh :WTF - she was in a junkyard stripped! It was so depressing. No motor, hood, tops, steering column, interior and rusted!! :( . I can't believe that she was toast. I asked him if the owner might consider selling her (so I could start over again) but he said that she was not for sale because he was using the parts to rebuild HIS vette. Should I be sad or happy that parts of her are helping other vettes?
damn that does hurt. why would somebody buy a restored '78 as a parts car? Sounds like he needed a lot of parts! Sorry to hear about that.

·
Registered
798 Posts
A lot can happen to a car in 12 years, especially if it falls into the hands of an owner that doesn't take care of things when they break. Could have been stolen as well.

Sorry to hear you baby wasn't "babied" :(

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
A lot can happen to a car in 12 years, especially if it falls into the hands of an owner that doesn't take care of things when they break. Could have been stolen as well.

Sorry to hear you baby wasn't "babied" :(
:agree:

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the photos but nowhere to host them, otherwise I would show everyone her "now" condition.

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info chevy69. Here they are...

·
Registered
677 Posts
That's depressing that he wont sell it back to you.(It doesn't have much left to give.) :huh:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry to see what someone did to your old baby :(

I think the current owner needs about another 12 pack of plastic Coke bottles in there lol?

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
OMG! I love those vents in the upper fender. They look so mean. I want some.

Those pics are exactly why I will either own my vette until it or I dies.

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMG! I love those vents in the upper fender. They look so mean. I want some.
Yeah, I wanted to go down there and cut them out and put them on mine but he won't let me...go figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those vents on top of the fenders right away reminded me of 'shark gills'. How were those put in? I have never seen that before.

Jeff

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You sold it, you got the money. It's just a car. Let it go.
It isn't just car. It was my FIRST vette. I put alot of time, $$$, and energy to make it run and look good. It will always be an import car to me as are all 16 I have had since then. Call me weird but I always put a little of "me" in the cars I own. It's what makes them special. Apparently you just see them as "cars" and that's fine, but I know there are others who feel the same way I do about them and I wanted to share my pain with those on DC.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts