Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When changing the oil how many of you guys change the oil filter. Do you change it everytime you change the oil.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Yes Sir !

I always change the oil filter

Go with a Mobil1 or a Bosch

I use a Bosch on my 03 Z06

·
Registered
362 Posts
When changing the oil how many of you guys change the oil filter. Do you change it everytime you change the oil.
Always change the filter when you change the oil. Why wouldn't you?

·
Registered
535 Posts
yes of course .....Thats basic 101 for oil changes :spanked:....

Do you really want dirty oil mixing with new fresh oil?? :surprised.....not me :D

·
Registered
673 Posts
What's on your mind? This feels like a trick question but I'm sure you had a legitimate reason for asking.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's on your mind? This feels like a trick question but I'm sure you had a legitimate reason for asking.
Hahaha yeah just wondering I was talking to a fellow that has a c6 zo6 and he said that he just changes the oil not the filter. To me that just seems like a bad idea and yes I do change my filter everytime I change my oil but I have also heard of people not changing there filter.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hahaha yeah just wondering I was talking to a fellow that has a c6 zo6 and he said that he just changes the oil not the filter. To me that just seems like a bad idea and yes I do change my filter everytime I change my oil but I have also heard of people not changing there filter.
Wow. Why would someone take a risk like that on such an expensive vehicle (any vehicle really)? :crazy: Even if you buy into the marketing behind extended mile oil filters, I would still change it every time I changed the oil.

For instance, I have to remove the skid plate on my truck to change the filter and it would save me time and frustration to just leave it, but it's cheap insurance in my opinion.

Oh well, not my car.......

·
Supporting Vendor
210 Posts
I do.

You can get AC Delco filters so cheap it makes sense to IMO.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do.

You can get AC Delco filters so cheap it makes sense to IMO.
Hey bro how you been? I got some of your led DRL/DRIVING LIGHTS loving them.

·
Supporting Vendor
210 Posts
Living the dream man :thumbsup:

Glad you're still loving the LEDS. Let me know if you need anything else :cheers:

·
Registered
240 Posts
i just took a shower, guys......do i change my underwear? :smack

1 - 16 of 16 Posts