Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im a rookie and i had some back yard shade tree buddy of a buddy take my car apart and now he skipped town with my car in pieces so im trying to get it together so i have my rebuilt 85 stock motor sitting on the engine stand now and i wana prime it and turn it over a couple time becuase its been sitting for 6 months with no oil or not being turned but when i started to prime it oil shot out of the block and i jus fould my oil cooler can u guy give instructions and what i need to install it like bolts and hoses in help is great

p.s. im sorry i know your reading this saying another dumb rookie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I'm not quite sure what it is your asking, you started priming & oil came out of the block, where did it come out of the block?
I have no idea what your talking about with the oil cooler, can you elaborate? are you trying to connect it to the engine while it's on the stand? or how to install it in your car?
Rich
PS You might want to turn the engine just a little & not prime it until your ready to start it in your car, Or you'll be washing & rubbing the assembly lube that should be on the high pressure parts off, causing far less protection upon start-up.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
im sorry i know your reading this saying another dumb rookie
No.
We are reading it thinking the rookie thinks he is sending a TXT message on his cell phone. We are wishing you knew what a full stop (key at bottom center of keyboard) and a few CAPITAL letters were so we could understand what you are saying and what the question was!
Try hitting the ENTER button occasionally ; the same way you take a breath at the end of a sentence

Where is the oil coming out of the block?
What sort of oil cooler has it got?
Original factory style?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts