Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

What is your breaking point on fuel prices?

• $2.50

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • $3,00

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • $3.50

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • $4.00 +

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that is concerned?

What can we do about it? We have to get to work, we have to shop for food, and we have to take care of the family. Its not like we can just stop driving.

Does this have any impact on your pleasure driving, summer trip plans, future mods to your car?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I gotta drive, so it's really a moot point for me. Of course I hope Ponch's prediction is going to become reality but until then we are going to have to pay the piper.
The oil companies saw what the public was willing to pay after Katrina, so you can bet your ass they are going to manufacture reasons to keep it at an elevated level. Invest in the oil companies and you might just break even seeing as how they are all reporting record profits.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
They're saying gas prices are likely to hit $4.00/gal this summer, but I don't think there's much we can do about it now.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
I filled up from just about empty today with 93 and it was just under $50:WTF

Fifty Bucks! For freakin gas! Chris man, I'm with you, a nickel, a dime, a quarter, sure it sucks, but inflation is a fact of life. But when it jumps a dollar a gallon in just a matter of months!? Yes, I'm concerned.

I'm fortunate enough to work from home, so I can choose my driving/gas consumption. But Dawn has a commute, and it's amazing what we're spending on gas, it's literally changing our budget.

It makes me sad when I think what these prices must be doing to the minimum wage worker, like you said, a family's gotta eat, but gotta get to work to earn the money. This is the kind of crap that leads to things like welfare vs, the cost of childcare. I hoipe Ponch's prediction is tru, and there's a serious downswing somewhere in the near future.:(

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
It's very, very upseting!

:drink:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
69MyWay said:
Am I the only one that is concerned?

What can we do about it? We have to get to work, we have to shop for food, and we have to take care of the family. Its not like we can just stop driving.

Does this have any impact on your pleasure driving, summer trip plans, future mods to your car?
There will be no engine mods. Driving is cut down, the motorcycle gets 40+ mpg.

The gas per barrel is futures isn't it? June futures to be exact? So why is the price up today?

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
stilcrazee said:
The gas per barrel is futures isn't it? June futures to be exact? So why is the price up today?

You'd really need to know about futures pricing and spot pricing......way to involved for me to explain here but this is a good start :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
Great the first summer I get my license a huge markup in gas:bang Geo Metro 3 cylinder here I come!

Someone really needs to pass a law stating oil companies cannot charge a super high amount. Exxon will most likely break the ten billion dollar profits this year and they just HAVE to charge that much for it... Lets just invade all oil producing countries and we win!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
were close to $4.00 a gallon right now.

·
Registered
582 Posts
A little good news:
We are finally refining oil again here in Texas City. Long story short, we have not produced a drop of gasoline since Rita blew through and we are responsible for 3% of total gasoline production in the states. Well, we are now up and running again. We are not up to maximum capacity yet, but we are running and should be increasing production soon. As you can imagine, from a refinery business stand point, we wish we were running balls to the wall right now, as do most of the Gulf Coast refineries, I'm sure.

I'm give'n her all we got, Scotty!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Willard said:
Someone really needs to pass a law stating oil companies cannot charge a super high amount. Exxon will most likely break the ten billion dollar profits this year and they just HAVE to charge that much for it... Lets just invade all oil producing countries and we win!:rolleyes:
We are the only state to have a gas cap,and the pricers are higher then they've ever been,it's been a complete failure and the local politicians are lobbying the governor to repel the cap immediatly,it's been in effect about a year now.Monday the prices go up again,double digits,if the summer prices are to be $4.00 a gallon in the mainland,we'll be at $5.00 or higher.We'll be at $3.50 monday morning.Every monday is when our gas cap figures come out.

Not much can do...except...filler up..;)

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
i'll pay whatever I have to, i need to get to and from school, i'm really considering flying to ohio this summer for a wedding, it seems much cheaper. all my money that i don't make is going :toilet . it really infuriates me but there really isnt anything i can do besides make more money so i can buy more gas. :bang :bang

·
Resident Metalhead
1,354 Posts
....the idea I had a few months back to buy a bike is sounding better and better each trip to the pump.:toilet

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
mop423 said:
....the idea I had a few months back to buy a bike is sounding better and better each trip to the pump.:toilet

i'd do that too, but the 250 mile commute home doesnt sound so good. there are too many hills here to ride a bike and be safe. :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife started driving my 280zx (27mpg) as her daily driver and parked her truck (big gas hog) and I just sold my truck (bigger gas hog) and bought a 944 (30mpg) for daily driving. The Vet may have to do a little more sitting but not too much.

We are ready for $4.00 a gallon because it will happen sooner or later. :( :(

Jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts