Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys after assessing the oil pan leak on my car .....i think i may have came up with a trick to turn the 12 hour remove everything in the front of the car job into a 3 hour job...... Heres the trick and i think i can pull it off with pics and hopefully this month....just need varification for techs...... basicly it looks like if you unbolt the pan with the front cross member in it will drop about 2 to 3 inches then hit the cross member....basicly thr trick is drop the pan as far as you can so ...clean all of the oil off of the pans old solicone .... then with your finger pr if your good enough put new solicone over the old stuffwith the tube ....this works ive done this on some deisel engines...its ok to do.... or if your good enough scrape off what you can...then after you get all of the new solicone on bolt the pan back up........the biggest question is can any techs varify if the clearence is there to do this trick...

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
I don't know what the clearance is but if you try it and doesn't work you really haven't lost any thing but a little time. Might be worth a try unless someone says it won't work

1 - 2 of 2 Posts