Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I have a clean original 81 vette, don't post often because I hardly touch it. waiting to get some $$ and then going to do lots of work. anyway, I have an 06 GTO with an ls2 that I do all my own wrenching on. a friend of mine recently picked up an 06 ls2 vette. it is bone stock. I am doing an oil change on it this weekend, and the other day we noticed his oil pressure gauge start going crazy, reading 0, then maxing out, and bouncing all around. Oil is dirty, but the level is fine, there is no ticking and the engine is running and revving great. I am assuming there is an issue with the oil pressure sensor? is this common? any tips? thanks!

·
Registered
243 Posts
It could possibly be that the ground connection is poor, or signal wire is lose. Some units use the block for ground, others have a ground wire with the connector. I don't know which yours is. If the ground is the block, and you decide to replace the sending unit, don't use Teflon tape as it will block the ground connection.

It may also be a bad sending unit, or one that has debris in it. It is unlikely to be the gauge, but that's a possibility too.
Personally, I'd do the oil change to be sure oil is at a decent level, and check the connection at the sending unit and the wire for burns or damage.

Keep trying and good luck!
wd-40 :buhbye:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts