Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 84 is converted to carb and it has a after market oil pressure guage and unit on the intake. But i want it to read on my digital cluster so i need the original oil pressure sending unit that attaches to the intake. Anyone know where i can get a used one and if it should fit on any intake?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Are you sure its on the intake? I have never heard of an oil pressure sender on the intake before. Older small blocks had a port behind the intake...maybe thats what your thinking of?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry. Yeah that's What I meant. I think I found a used one with the fittings on eBay for $15. looks like What I needed

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I think I found a used one with the fittings on eBay for $15.
It is a common sender unit used on many GM products 80 -92
Standard Motor Products # PS-155T
or equiv
$10

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a common sender unit used on many GM products 80 -92
Standard Motor Products # PS-155T
or equiv
$10

where would they sell it? i looked online at autozone and napa and they both wanted $49.99

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you are looking at the later model 3 wire units that have oil pressure switch for fuel pump included , they are in that price range
Rockauto (http://www.rockauto.com)
have them listed from $10
You are looking for the big can style gauge sender unit with only 1 spade terminal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/78-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

well i thought i need the 3 wire because i saw this connection on my harness and think its for my oil pressure.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
well i thought i need the 3 wire because i saw this connection on my harness and think its for my oil pressure.[/IMG]
Wrong one.
early cars have two seperate units; one for gauge and a OP switch
Small two wire OP switch is for fuel pump on injection cars; obviously not used on yours or engine wouldn't be running

Gauge sender is 1 wire big can style
Check the eBay link I posted above .$10

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wrong one.
early cars have two seperate units; one for gauge and a OP switch
Small two wire OP switch is for fuel pump on injection cars; obviously not used on yours or engine wouldn't be running

Gauge sender is 1 wire big can style
Check the eBay link I posted above .$10

Do you know what color that wire is that connects to the oil pressure? i cant find any connection and i think it was cut off

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Do you know what color that wire is that connects to the oil pressure?
Tan from memory.

3 wires come out of the harness at same location 2 wires ( red + org ) go to the plug you show other to OP gauge sender

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I believe some of the early 84s did have the three wire pressure sensor. Mine did. It looks like the single blade brown thing in the pics but has three blades coming out of it.

You can easily change to the two component item by pulling out the top blade connector and running it separately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts