Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oil Temp on DIC? IPC Code B 1543 H C

Normally when I go through my Options that displays on the IPC DIC Cluster, the Oil Temp always has read the normal 210/220 range. Havent drove my C5 in a few weeks and today I went to check the Oil Temp.. It only says "Low", even though my cluster gauge shows a little above 200.

I am having the IPC Code B1543 H C come up and can't be reset. Service manual says:

DTC B1543
Oil Temperature Circuit Open

Open Circuit? Could it just be unplugged or a bad sensor?

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,
Darrell-

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have experienced the same thing as you. I did not pull any codes from the DIC or anything but I did check the dipstick and it was indeed low. I went and bought a qt. of Mobil 1 and added it. That seemed to do the trick :thumbsup:

Have you been running it hard? I dont know if you know this (I am a newbie) but at high RPM's the LS1 has blowby, which essentially sucks up the oil into your intake manifold. I assume that was the culprit in my case :D.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have experienced the same thing as you. I did not pull any codes from the DIC or anything but I did check the dipstick and it was indeed low. I went and bought a qt. of Mobil 1 and added it. That seemed to do the trick :thumbsup:

Have you been running it hard? I dont know if you know this (I am a newbie) but at high RPM's the LS1 has blowby, which essentially sucks up the oil into your intake manifold. I assume that was the culprit in my case :D.

This is the Oil Temp, not oil level. The code I pulled up says oil temp sensor circuit Open.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The sensor is just above the oil filter, check the plug make sure its on there. Very easy to change sensor with a 19mm deep socket. sensor GM# 12608814 No need to drain oil.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sensor is just above the oil filter, check the plug make sure its on there. Very easy to change sensor with a 19mm deep socket. sensor GM# 12608814 No need to drain oil.
I got it on a lift and looked at the sensor. The plug had gotten dried out and brittle from being in the area of my long tube headers. I went ahead and replaced both sides of the O2 sensor wire pigtails. One side was almost laying on the header. I pulled all new wiring a good 6" away from headers and wrapped it with that heat, burn proof header wrap. Dealer wanted $1000.00 to do it for me. Thats nuts. Thanks for your help.

Darrell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts