Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 2002 with manual transmission and 98,500 miles on the clock. I've owned it for 8 years and have put about 21,000 miles on it. The car is bone stock. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! Ths car does use oil, a quart about every 1,500 miles. I use Mobil1 10W30 oil. Any suggestions on another oil that will last for more miles?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
The oil you are using now is fine.
If you are concerned about the 1 qt every 1500 miles that is most likely due to blow by, not the oil itself.

Matt

Reactions: HN376RAR

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also use perfect oil, and it lasts me a very long time. But the truth is I got the oil at What Type of Transmission Fluid for Cars. Capacity.. There used to be an opinion that an engine is considered worn out if it has gone more than 200 thousand miles. It was an obvious sign of approaching the end of service life. Therefore, the engine required special care. Nowadays, a mileage of 100,000 miles is considered a reference point. This is because the technical characteristics and the approach to the production of power units themselves have changed dramatically. At the same time, it is necessary to consider the operation conditions, the roads the car was driven on.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,899 Posts
Oil usage isn't dependent on the type or brand of oil but rather the condition of the engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts