Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, since my Owners Manual and FSM haven't arrived in the mail yet- how do I replace my damn wiper blades? Obv. a noob question, but I've never owned cars that had anything but a J-hook style. Can I just by the right size refills and replace the rubber?

Also- what brand are you guys using to keep the blades from hitting the cowl?

Many thanks in advance of my upcoming Memorial Day Road Trip.

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic, thanks. As always- exactly what I needed. Would any of the local parts shops or dealers carry a blade that would fit? Don't mind spending $20 on a blade, but it would be nice if I didn't have to wait for shipping.

Cheers!

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Fantastic, thanks. As always- exactly what I needed. Would any of the local parts shops or dealers carry a blade that would fit? Don't mind spending $20 on a blade, but it would be nice if I didn't have to wait for shipping.

Cheers!
You can get them almost anywhere. Just make sure to buy one side shorter than the other, that way they will never get stuck together in mid-sweep. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that a lot of the brands were too tall and would hit the cowl when deploying and retracting, or is that just the RainX ones?

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
many guy buy 19" blades and NAPA or AUTO ZONE sell them, why not have the parts counter guy look it up

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My concern isn't the length of the blades, it's the height of the mounting point. I guess some people have had issues with it. Seems like the Trico Exact Fit blades are exact OEM replicas, but I don't think I can find them around here. The Anco Aerovantage are supposed to be Lo-pro too, but if anybody knows of another blade that works for sure I'd be appreciative.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
111 Posts
My concern isn't the length of the blades, it's the height of the mounting point. I guess some people have had issues with it. Seems like the Trico Exact Fit blades are exact OEM replicas, but I don't think I can find them around here. The Anco Aerovantage are supposed to be Lo-pro too, but if anybody knows of another blade that works for sure I'd be appreciative.

Thanks again!
Napa auto parts has Exact fit P/N 60-020-4.

Their low profile & fit my 95 with no clearence problems.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
None of the parts stores near me carried the Exact Fits, but I found the Aerovantage ones that fit just great. It did end up raining, so I was glad I was able to get them on for the trip:lookinup: Now for weatherstripping- had to park it outside (no choice!) overnight and got a little puddle in the back. Always something :laughing:

I'll post pics of my bugged up bumper from the 1000mi first-ever road trip when I get a chance.:partyon:

Overall an awesome ride, the C4's a great cruiser and didn't let me down despite its many little issues.

Thanks all for all your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts