Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard and read this before but I have never seen an answer why with it.

I was reading in this months issue of Corvette Fever about a Z06 upgrade that included new plugs, wires and headers. They also tuned the torque software because apparently the Z06 has a "management" program that helps keep the engine from getting abused too much from the high end torque. It also included changing the thermostat for a lower 180/160 degree thermo. All that makes sense to me but what does changing the thermo have to do with hp gains?

They dyno'd the Z06 before the mods and it was getting 401 hp at the wheels and then after they claimed it was about 490 hp.

:huh:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Bump

I've heard and read this before but I have never seen an answer why with it.

I was reading in this months issue of Corvette Fever about a Z06 upgrade that included new plugs, wires and headers. They also tuned the torque software because apparently the Z06 has a "management" program that helps keep the engine from getting abused too much from the high end torque. It also included changing the thermostat for a lower 180/160 degree thermo. All that makes sense to me but what does changing the thermo have to do with hp gains?

They dyno'd the Z06 before the mods and it was getting 401 hp at the wheels and then after they claimed it was about 490 hp.

:huh:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts