Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM gets 1.17 HP per CI, while Mopar is getting 1.34 -- not too close. The current 505 CI Viper engine will eventually be dropped in favor of a V10 or V12 HEMI variation. Then you'll see some HP!

It is interesting to note that the 345 HP HEMI gets 25 mpg on the open road. You should drop one in your Vette for power and economy!

Any of you guys know if the above is true or not, about the HP wars??

talking HP/CI.....Known this man for some 40 years now...hotrods of one variety or another, he races SCCA type junk now...something to stay buzzy with....

I know the LS engines are so many HP and CI variations, but lost track of what's what....

:WTF :cheers:

·
Banned
125 Posts
GM gets 1.17 HP per CI, while Mopar is getting 1.34 -- not too close. The current 505 CI Viper engine will eventually be dropped in favor of a V10 or V12 HEMI variation. Then you'll see some HP!

It is interesting to note that the 345 HP HEMI gets 25 mpg on the open road. You should drop one in your Vette for power and economy!

Any of you guys know if the above is true or not, about the HP wars??

talking HP/CI.....Known this man for some 40 years now...hotrods of one variety or another, he races SCCA type junk now...something to stay buzzy with....

I know the LS engines are so many HP and CI variations, but lost track of what's what....

:WTF :cheers:
I have a Corvette customer that wants me to install a supercharger kit on his hemi Magnum.He mentioned it got 25 mpg.Wonder how the fuel economy will be effected by the supercharger?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I know the wifes Hemi truck only gets about 13mpg with her lead foot. But I've managed to get 18mpg towing 3 G body cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts