Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the best way to dispose of my old radiator? I'm not sure if it's original or not, but I do know the seam on the driver's side is in bad shape. Would anyone have any use for it or should I just put it on the curb next trash day?

Is the copper core worth anything?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
If you are going to trash it, take it to a recycler. You might be surprise what it will bring

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
If you are going to trash it, take it to a recycler. You might be surprise what it will bring
:agree: with #2 copper running about $2/lb, rads are bringing in pretty good $$$

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
what's the best way to dispose of my old radiator? I'm not sure if it's original or not, but I do know the seam on the driver's side is in bad shape. Would anyone have any use for it or should I just put it on the curb next trash day?

Is the copper core worth anything?
I would save it. Old car radiators are becoming big $$

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, thanks for the quick replies guys. I guess I'll run it out to a recycler and see what it'll bring!

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, this thing is still sitting in my garage. The recylcers I called only buy whole cars, not individual parts, and the one place I did find said they'd give me salvage value of $25. But they're 2 hours away... not even worth the gas. Anybody on here have any use for it?

·
Registered
879 Posts
well, this thing is still sitting in my garage. The recylcers I called only buy whole cars, not individual parts, and the one place I did find said they'd give me salvage value of $25. But they're 2 hours away... not even worth the gas. Anybody on here have any use for it?

Cal your local junk man, the kind that scavenge the trash for resellable items, he will take it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Cal your local junk man, the kind that scavenge the trash for resellable items, he will take it.

:agree:
You should liik for a Scrap Metal Recycler, they usually specialize in old copper wire, copper, a/c coils, aluminum etc. Only place you'll get top dollar. Most of them don't even take steel.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Send it to Turtlevette. It would be the shiniest part on his car.:rolling:
:laughing: man, truth hurts!

alrighty, thanks for the advice guys. I'll see what the yellowpages have to offer tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts