Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! This is my first post and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

I have a black 1989 ragtop and want to replace the wheels. I'm thinking of ordering Billet Specialties' Vintec wheels with spinner caps for an "old school" look. Do you think they would look cool or would they look ridiculous? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
love the c4 ragtops but do not like spinners at all. a custom chrome wheel with a deep dish look would set the stance off but nnnnnooooo spinners. :down:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Is this what you are looking at? I know Billet Specialties is big in the Street Rod circle. Spinners/knockoff look good on a retro street ros but I'm not sure about a Vette

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
If the wheel Torch posted is the one your refering too,i like it as long as it's an 18 or 19 inch wheel with a low profile tire..The c4 looks outdated with 15 or 16 wheels,with ballon tires..
Maybe someone can do a couple photoshops for ya to see what you think..
Remember,these are just opinions,it's what you like..

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Welcome to Digital Corvettes! I like them and think that they'd look great I also like the fact that you don't see them everyday on every other Vette.

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Same goes with me i think it would like nice on his vette but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reply to The Torch

Those are the Vintec's that I'm considering, Torch.

The mixed responses that I'm getting are making me a little nervous. It's going to be a tough decision.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Most of the negative replies were because of nowadays when we hear spinners we associate them with something like this

·
Registered
234 Posts
my son refers to knockoffs as gladiator wheels, with the large back spacing of the c4 a KO might stick out kinda far, here in cali the oriffer might not let them pass without a revenue check. Have you looked on centerlines home page, there are a lot of choices out there and they have a "closeout' selection and they are made in the US O A. Just buy what you like and you will be happy, there are really no rules .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts