Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...I'm new to the forum and wanted to see what anyone knew about Rick Daniels at Les Stanford. I placed/faxed an order for a new Z06 at MSRP on July 1st, 2005 complete with $1,000 deposit. When I orginally spoke with Rick he advised me that "his list" was at 165. So the following day I faxed over my vitals and credit card information. As I understand it, Rick happened to be on vacation and I did not get a confirmation back from Les Stanford until July 10th.

Sometime in late September I gave Rick a call to check status. He didn't recall my name and said he would get back to me. Obviously that gave me concern. When Rick got back to me he said that I was number 211 on "the list." Needless to say that number REALLY bothered me. Unfortunately, I was not able to provide the email that Rick sent me stating the 165 number. Not having any real supportive information, I was stuck.:whip:

This past Easter Sunday I was cleaning out my "sent" emails and there it was, the email with the 165. I forwarded it to Rick and followed up with a phone call. After a brief discussion, Rick was maintaining his 211 number. I expressed my discomfort and asked that he review the information again. I would also like to see this "list" to see how the number could jump 46 positions in just one day. I'm still waiting for a return call from our discussion last Friday. In truth, my theory is that I got lost in the shuffle when he went on vacation. I'd like to believe that there is no foul play going on here.

Now I don't know Rick from Adam and he seems like a nice enough guy but this whole thing REALLY freakin rubs me the wrong way Worse, I'm also feeling hostage because even if I withdraw my deposit what better or equal options do I have.

Have any of you dealt with Rick Daniels? Any input would be greatly appreciated. FWIW, I sold my totally built '64 last year to finance the new Z. I've even got me license plate at the CA DMV; 427 C6Z. Glad I didn't choose a year for my license plate...:bang

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Welcome to DC Chuck. Have you thought about contacting our own Rick Connti for an order? http://www.corvetteconti.com/ When ist comes to Vettes and customer service Rick is the MAN. He has given everyone delivery dates for there Vettes even if they didn't buy them from him. Talk to corvettecontti and your Dream Car will be a reallity. Someday soon may be sooner than you think :D

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Get your money back I think the guy is jerking you around. You showed him proof in the form of HIS e-mail. Screw him. Contact Rick Conti there are links here on our site to him. He will take care of you.

Welcome to DC!!:cheers:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I originally signed up with Rick Daniels with #69 but thought it was going to take "like forever" so I bailed and went with Rick Conti. Got mine in early October. I will say this, Rick Daniels immediately refunded my deposit.

On another note, on another forum Stanford Chevrolet just bailed as a supporting member so they must not need the Vette crowd to make their sales.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,451 Posts
Sorry to here about you getting jacked around. I'd pull my deposit and hit the market again.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Same guy same BS here. Was on his mysterious list in August of 05 and kept hearing different things from different people about where I was on "The List" from month to month. Got my deposit back in March when he started with the "...well you'll be at the top of the list for an 07" crap...I know other people will say good things about Les Stanford, but they have the cars they were promised. Les Stanford's only interest is in keeping you on the list with 300 other people so that they can use your money:bang

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your replies. I'll give Rick Conti a call tomorrow. As to the question about "the list", I'm not sure if you're kidding or not. If you're not, it is their dealer list. Very disappointing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feed back. Very disappointing to say the least :spanked: . I will call Rick Conti tomorrow. For those of you who bought from Rick Conti, did you pay MSRP?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Alright man I don't know anything about the dealer you were at but who has an allocation for over 200 z06's even total over the next two years. Don't tell me im dissapointing, your the one that has to be crazy for thinking someone has a Z06 allocation of 200!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Baierman, I wasn't refering to you being disappointing, rather Les Stanford. Per Rick Daniels, he was at 113 on March 30th. To my knowledge, the 113 number included those who backed out. If I'm "crazy" for trusting somebody for his word shame on me. I was simply trying to buy a car from someone that others had said was "the man."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rick Daniels list now includes one more potential customer who has "backed out"; me! I'm signing up with the real Rick; Rick Conti! Wish me luck!!! :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts