Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out what Steve (raidmagic) and I bought today. A 29 Chevy 3 window coupe. btw if any of you guys have the instruction manual on how to put this thing together, we need to talk.:rolling: :rolling:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
How cool is that!!!!! :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

Looking forward to following this project!! :thumbsup:
Yea I'm excited, we brought it to dad's house so that I will stay motivated and work on it.:laughing: The down side is I'm selling the 50 Chevy. I need to get rid of that and some others sitting around to keep me focused on the 29 and to free up some car funds. As you can see it needs some parts.:laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,545 Posts
btw if any of you guys have the instruction manual on how to put this thing together, we need to talk.
I know where you are coming from. I built a '30 just like it about 20 years ago. Make sure you get rid of the wood in the door post. A piece of 1X2 tube that has been tapered will help. The original had parallel leaf springs. If you use a traverse spring (Ford) you will need a new crossmember. Vega cross steering work well with either set up. I guess I could write a book about the '29-'30 Chevy coupe:laughing:

As you can see it needs some parts .:laughing:
Not many, engine, trans, tires & wheels, a steering wheel and an old paint can for a seat. You wouldn't even need an engine if you wanted to Flintstone it:laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Well the car came with a Mustang 2 front cross member and a flaming river rack and pinion. I already have a 350 engine and trans so we are close to driving it. Some bailing wire and duct tape should cover it.:laughing:

You have anymore info on the tubing needed to replace the wood? Any sites around for parts?

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"FREE TO GOOD HOME - 1929 FORD COUPE - JUST TAKE IT - NOW - PLEASE!":laughing:
Its a Chevy, thank you.:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,545 Posts
Hey Bob - I found a pic of my '30 and finally scanned it at work after carrying it around in my truck for a month :laughing: .

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,545 Posts
327, Crane 312 cam, double hump heads w/ 12.5 c/r, tri-power, TH400 w/ a CORVETTE shifter, 4.10 gears, full boxed frame

12-14 mpg :laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very cool ride, nice mileage too.:laughing: We're planning on maybe 7 or 8 :rolling:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts